10 Mobile Coupon Facts You Should Know About
We all have heard enough about the recession, global financial crisis and other big words, which make no real sense to most of us. During these “dark times” with high unemployment rates and taxes everybody tries to save some money. We are looking for discounts, deals, special offers and other promotions. Well, there is an other quick and easy way to save some cash: coupons.
As you all should know by now, mobile technology is exploding! And did you know that 42% of all smartphone/tablet users have already tried using mobile coupons?
Mobile coupons are a very handy way to get great deals anywhere you go. And there are also huge benefits for businesses. According to Mobile Marketer, mobile coupons get 10 times the redemption rate of traditional coupons, driving people to your business.
Nowadays there are a lot of apps which allow you to use your mobile coupons at your favorite places, including the check-in giant Foursquare and Apple’s new Passbook.
Besides mobile coupon apps, coupons can also come in a form of an SMS. A MobileReady study has shown that when it comes to preferred methods of receiving mobile coupons, 50% of US mobile phone owners answered SMS.
10 Facts About Mobile Coupons You Should Know
- 67% of mobile users agree that location-based coupons are “very convenient and useful”
- 57% percent of consumers said they would want to receive a coupon on their phone
- 42% of all smartphone/tablet users have already tried using mobile coupons
- 50% of US mobile phone owners prefer SMS coupons
- Mobile coupons get 10 times the redemption rate of traditional coupons
- Mobile coupon redemption rate is expected to grow from 20% to 30% by 2013
- 33.7 million people are expected to use a mobile coupon on their smartphone by 2013
- 54% of mobile shoppers who used a mobile coupon got it from a retailer website
- 4% of mobile users have received reminders of available mobile coupons, but 44% are interested
- 21% of mobile shoppers search for coupons while in store
Below you will find a nice infographic about mobile coupons made by Microsoft Tag.
About Daniel Bulygin
Daniel is on his way to becoming a high-class expert in Online & Mobile Marketing. Besides being an editor for trendblog.net he is also working in SEM. Online Marketer | Student | Hard Worker | Smart Thinker | Techie