Stellar Converter for EDB is a tool that transforms MS Exchange database files into PST files. It allows you to convert Exchange databases (EDB) to PST files both online and offline. Emails, Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Attachments, Sent Items, and other mailbox items may all be seen using thetool.
Table of Contents
What is it All About?
The tool, which comes highly recommended by MVPs and IT administrators, allows Exchange administrators to extract mailboxes from an offline or online Exchange database (EDB) file without having to disconnect the database from the Exchange server. Without the need for an Exchange server or Active Directory, the tool may also access or read outdated EDB files.
The tool assists with the backup of mailboxes, which is especially useful in the case of a server is not available or decommissioned, when you may need to manually transfer user mailboxes from an offline database to a live Exchange server in the same business.
The most effective EDB to PST conversion tool is Stellar Converter for EDB. It uses a parallel processing approach to convert mailboxes more quickly. It has the ability to process and save up to 4 mailboxes at once to a PST, live Exchange, or Office 365 account with complete integrity. The tool also allows you to prioritize mailbox export, allowing you to preserve or export essential mailboxes first.
How to Backup and Migrate Exchange Mailboxes using Stellar Converter for EDB?
Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2008
Memory: 8 GB (recommended) 4 GB (minimum)
Processor: Intel-compatible (x86, x64)
Hard Disk: 250 MB of free space
MS Outlook: Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2016 or Outlook 2019
- First, on your computer, download the selected edition and double-click the.exe file to begin the installation. Then, to finish the installation, follow the wizard’s instructions (see the image below).
- Select the mailboxes you wish to convert, backup, or migrate after viewing the preview, and then click ‘Save.’ You can also use right-click to export individual mail items or mailboxes to the appropriate format.
- To extract, backup, or migrate mailboxes from an online or offline Exchange database file, run the software after installation and pick Hosted Exchange or Offline EDB from the drop-down menu.
- For testing reasons, we had an offline EDB file that we copied from the server. As a result, we went with the Offline EDB option.
- When the Pick File dialogue box displays, select the EDB file by clicking ‘Browse’ (if you know the location). Allow the software to discover and list EDB files on the system, disc
- Volume, or folder by selecting the ‘Find’ option. Then choose the necessary EDB file.
- You may also alter the location of the Temp Path, which the tool uses to store temporary data during the EDB to PST conversion.
- After you’ve selected the EDB file, click “Next” to begin scanning it. Following the scan, the tool displays a comprehensive preview that allows you to double-check and choose individual mailboxes and mail items for backup or transfer.
- You can also search, sort, and filter emails to discover particular emails based on characteristics like To, From, Subject, Attachments, Body, Date, and so on.
- You may also use the Store Scan option in the Home menu to save the scanned information. The option allows you to restart the conversion process later without having to rescan the EDB file, saving you time.
The tool automatically associates mailboxes with users and gives users the ability to create mailboxes, manually map mailboxes, and apply filters. You can also opt to prioritize mailbox exporting for essential mailboxes first. After you’ve finished mapping your mailboxes, click ‘Export’ to start exporting them to the live Exchange server.
At the destination server, the tool can save up to four mailboxes at once. This increases efficiency and reduces the amount of time it takes to export mailboxes from a big Exchange database file.
Enter the password for the configured Outlook profile with administrator access. Then, to continue, click ‘OK.’ You can update and change the mapping even though the tool automatically maps the mailboxes. You may also modify the priority of mailboxes so that essential mailboxes are exported first before the rest of the list.
This allows you to prioritize mailbox conversion based on your unique requirements. Then, to save the mailboxes and mail items to Office 365, select ‘Export.’
In the tests, the Stellar Converter for EDB functioned admirably and successfully converted the EDB file. The tool uses Parallel Processing to save or export up to 4 mailboxes to a PST, live Exchange, or Office 365 account at the same time.
The conversion time is considerably reduced because of this function. You may also prioritize mailbox exports based on your needs or the significance of the mailboxes.