AMD Radeon R9 280x
AMD Radeon R9 280x, The AMD Radeon R9 280X is a high-performance single-GPU graphics card for desktop computers that was released in October 2013. It is made in 28 nanometers and is based on the “Tahiti” GPU. A 384-bit memory interface (3 GB GDDR5, 288 GB/s) and 2048 shader units are included in the card.
AMD Radeon R9 280x
- The R9 280X is powered by the same GPU as the Radeon HD 7970.
- Tahiti has 2048 shaders, 128 TMUs, and 32 ROPs and is based on the GCN architecture.
- The R9 280X is somewhat faster than the HD 7970, with a core speed of 1050 MHz (max. Boost) and a memory clock of 1500 MHz (6000 MHz effective).
- Although the 280X supports DirectX 12 (FL 11_1), it lacks True audio.
- The Radeon R9 280X performs similarly to the Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 depending on the game and settings.
- As a result, even the most powerful mobile GPUs, such as the GeForce GTX 780M, are surpassed by more than 30%.
- Demanding games like Metro: Last Light may be played at full settings with a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels.
- Higher resolutions or more AA/AF may be achievable in some instances.
- The R9 280X has a number of well-known features, such as Eyefinity, as well as some new ones, such as a new turbo mode.
- The core can be increased up to 1050 MHz depending on power consumption and temperature. There is, however, no official base clock or lower limit.
Consumption of Energy
- The R9 280X is particularly energy-efficient while idle thanks to dynamic clock changes and Zero Core technology.
- The card has an average power consumption of 250 watts when loaded.
Let’s have a closer look towards the specs of amd radeon r9 280x:
|Pipelines||2048 – unified|
|Core Speed||1000 MHz|
|Memory Speed||6000 MHz|
|Memory Bus Width||384 Bit|
|Max. Amount of Memory||3072 MB|
|DirectX||DirectX 12 (FL 11_1)|
|Transistor Count||4313 Million|
|Features||Mantle, Eyefinity, App Acceleration, CrossFire, PowerTune, ZeroCore, HD3D, Mantle, Eyefinity, App Acceleration, CrossFire, PowerTune, ZeroCore, HD3D|
|Date of Announcement||08.10.2013 = 3042 days old|
|Information||PCI-E 3.0, HDMI mit 4K-Support|
What Is Radeon R9 280x Dual-x Edition?
- Sapphire’s Radeon R9 280X Dual-X Edition Graphics Card is a graphics card for desktop PCs with PCI Express expansion slots that comes with Windows software.
- The card is intended for gamers and other users who require or will benefit from the additional processing power provided by a dedicated graphics card.
- This includes not just quicker and more precise graphics rendering, but also acceleration in some GPU-based apps while doing computationally heavy activities like video transcoding.
- The card has an 870 MHz GPU that can be overclocked (boosted) to 1020 MHz using the TriXX Utility software that comes with it.
- The GPU has 2048 stream processors, which not only operate as shaders to produce display visuals but also allow parallel processing programs to conduct hundreds of basic computations simultaneously.
- The card has 3GB of 1.5 GHz GDDR5 RAM to transport data to and from the GPU as quickly as feasible.
- The effective memory clock speed is 6.0 GHz since GDDR5 RAM transports data at four words per cycle.
- Computer monitors, HDTVs, projectors, 4K and 3D displays may all be linked to the Radeon R9 280X Dual-X Edition.
- It has an HDMI port that supports HDMI 1.4a, a DisplayPort port that supports DP 1.2, a dual-link DVI-I (digital and analogue) port, and a dual-link DVI-D (digital only) port.
- A DVI-I to VGA converter, which is offered separately, can also be used to connect VGA devices.
- With this card, you may connect up to three monitors at once, and it can drive screens with a resolution of up to 4K (4096 x 2160) through HDMI and DisplayPort outputs.
What APIs Are Supportive on the AMD Radeon R9 280x Dual-x Edition?
- Supports DirectX 11.2, OpenGL 4.3, AMD Mantle, AMD App Acceleration, and additional APIs to enable GPU acceleration in compatible, GPU-aware software.
- This improves graphics rendering and, in the case of parallel processing, helps to offload part of the computational burden off your computer’s CPU, resulting in improved overall performance.
Let us take a look at what amd powerplay power management technology is and what it does:
- Automatically manages GPU power usage, lowering the card’s power consumption to near-zero whenever feasible and turning off any extra graphics cards attached through CrossFireX when they are not in use.
What is Dual Firmware Support and what do you mean by Quad Data Rate GDDR5 Ram?
- By default, the card is set up for traditional BIOS systems; for newer systems with UEFI, a button on the card’s surface activates UEFI compatibility, allowing you to take use of UEFI firmware features such as Windows 8 Secure Boot and quicker wake-from-sleep and boot-up speeds.
- The effective data rate is quadrupled with GDDR5 RAM, which can transmit up to four words per cycle compared to one word per cycle with standard RAM, allowing this card to handle data transactions as rapidly as if it had a 6 GHz memory clock speed.
I tried my best to provide you with a piece of detailed information about the AMD Radeon R9 280x and everything. If you want to share something related with us and our 1lakh followers, feel free to share with us in the comment section. Also, if you have any queries you can ask us in the comment section below.