A little while ago the guys over at Facebook thought that it would be a great idea to auto-play most of the videos on your Facebook Newsfeed. Well, maybe it’s great for Facebook in terms of selling video-based advertising, but it’s certainly annoying to most of the users, especially if you’re on mobile data and some random cat video starts to drain your precious traffic.
Disabling auto-play videos is quite simple. Just follow the steps and you’ll be good to go.
In your desktop browser
- Go to Facebook
- Click on the little arrow in the top-right corner of the page to show the drop-down menu,
- Click on “Settings”
- Now, on your left, click on the lowest option “Videos”
- Select “Off” from the drop-down menu. Easy as that.
On your Android device
- Press the three parallel horizontal lines on the top-right of your screen
- Scroll down and select “App Settings”
- Select “Video Auto-play”
- Choose whether you want to auto-play on Wi-fi only or not at all