In this topic, we will be covering all the possible ways to find your mobile location by number. If you look at Google or any other search engine, you will find endless results where they claim free/paid methods to track mobile phone locations using mobile numbers, using apps, and more.
If you’re done with watching fake Youtube videos or the “clickbait” articles providing no real-life results, then you’re at the right destination as we have covered all possible ways PLUS the possibilities and legalities of tracking. Let’s get started!
Reasons to track mobile phone location.
There are several reasons as to why one might need to track down mobile location and apart from illegal reasons, all other possibilities have been covered below:
- Lost mobile phone: This is the most common reason for tracking a mobile phone where you might have simply forgotten your mobile phone in your college library or at some other (comparatively less risky) location and want to simply trace it down.
- Stolen Mobile Phone: Or jumping into a more severe reason, your mobile phone is stolen and you’re now at the risk of breach or data loss.
- Keeping track of your kids: This is more like a PARENTAL CONTROL where you might be concerned about the activity of your kids or to make sure they never lose their way to home.
- Partner check: This is somewhat controversial but also in high demand since the rise of the digital world. I am sure you must have come across this situation at-least once in your life where you yourself or someone you knew needed to perform a check on their partner due to relationship concerns or other possible causes.
Is it legal to track someone’s location?
Talking about tracking SOMEONE ELSE’S activity and not discussing legal issues would be an incomplete discussion! But the problem lies here is, there is no one concrete answer to it. This varies from country to country. Just like a call record, this is also quite controversial whether or not you can track down someone else (until you’re not an authorised government or in few cases a private corporation person).
- If you’re a parent, you’re surely authorised to keep track of activities of your kids (in almost all countries) to maintain a healthy and safe life for them.
- If your mobile phone is lost or stolen, you’re UNDOUBTEDLY authorized (in all countries) to locate or track your own item and get it back from someone else who should not have it.
- If it’s about keeping an eye on your partner’s activity, this is again debatable and varies from country to country, but in general this is also accepted in most cases as long as you’re tracking your own partner and not someone else’s! Make sure it’s only about checking if there’s something wrong going on and not to invade their privacy just because you like it (ask them for their SnapChat ID for this purpose, they will also be aware if you’re seeing their activity and it’s completely legal).
Steps to track your location by phone number
NOTE: You may come across few websites or apps that claim to provide FREE location trace by mobile number, I can assure you almost all these sources will be nothing but a HOAX. And even if you’re (somehow) able to find a source that’s providing results, we highly recommend you to not use it as this may lead to further malicious activities issues. Like stealing the personal information of the device you’re using, or keeping a log of who searched whom. Free isn’t always safe as you might end up paying in a different and more expensive way than money.
Inbuilt/native mobile apps: You must have heard or came across the inbuilt Android/iPhone apps that allow you to track down the phone in case it’s lost. This is not only convenient, reliable, trustworthy but also free in most cases.
Steps to track location on an Android device.
- Search for “Find My Device” on Google Play apps store.
- Click “INSTALL” on the first result you see.
- Once the app is installed, sign in using your Gmail ID.
- Allow this app for all the required permissions it ask for at the launch/login
- You’re all set to track down the phone now (make sure the mobile is connected to the internet via sim or via WiFi).
NOTE: You can also enable the “Indoor Maps” option in Google Maps to boost accuracy if the device is indoor instead of being on the road.
Steps to track location on an iPhone.
It is very much similar to that of Android, with just a bit different user interface and slightly different features. You get the app pre-installed as well.
- Go to Settings.
- From the top, tap on your name and Apple ID.
- Click on “iCloud”
- Select “Find My iPhone” and enable it
- YOYLA! You’re all set to track the device by either logging in to iCloud.com or by logging in to a different iPhone or iPad.
Using a third party app for additional features.
Not using a built in app is safer if you want to remain under the radar as built in apps are quite common to everyone and can be disabled.
While there are several paid and free apps available in the market like Spyine or Spyera, I will be guiding you through Spyera today (unpaid, not a promotion).
- Look for the app online and buy the paid version (you may also try a demo which is provided by most companies).
- Install the app on your target mobile phone (yes you will need to get physical access to that device for just once).
- Open the Spyera (or any other app, it’s almost the same for all apps) and go to the dashboard to see and manage the device.
- Internet connection isn’t compulsory in this case.
Conclusion and Wrap up
While there are several other methods to track down your device, I have only mentioned the ones applicable globally. But if you have any query or feedback, feel free to use our comment section to continue this interaction.
This was all for today, and we’re regular in posting such quality content and we recommend subscribing to us for getting future updates.
Until the next one, have a good one!