The LG G3 is one of the most popular and best Android phones on the market. However, it took quite some time before the bootloader was properly unlocked and a custom recovery was available. This guide will explain how to get the custom recovery TWRP installed on your LG G3 using the Bump! technique.
Which LG G3 versions are supported by TWRP?
There are many different versions of the LG G3 available, depending on your provider or location. These versions are currently supported:
What you need to get started
Before we start the process you need to make sure to have all necessary files downloaded and drivers working. Here’s a list of things to download and install:
Steps to Bump! TWRP to the LG G3
Bumping TWRP to your G3 is done in a few steps and pretty easy. Let’s get started:
- Connect your phone via USB
- Transfer the bumped TWRP file to your internal SD card
- Set your phone to TWP mode
- Open the command prompt (or terminal) and run the following commands one by one. Make sure to change CHANGEME to your phone’s model (ignore the ‘out of space’ error message):
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
dd if=/sdcard/twrp-18.104.22.168_CHANGEME-signed.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
That’s about it. To get to the recovery mode you have to do the following:
- Unplug and power off the G3
- Hold Power & Volume-Down until the LG logo shows up
- Keep holding the Volume-Down button, quickly release the power button and hold it again
- You’ll see the factory reset screen. Press Volume-Down and then Power to confirm. Repeat in the next step
- TWRP will now load
That’s it! Please let me know if you have any questions.
Please be aware that we don’t take any responsibility for any potential damage done to your device.