Google Now is great. In the past few months I used Google Now Launcher on all my Android devices. However, one tiny thing was missing: Notification badges. For those of you not familiar with this term – I’m talking about the small numbers on top of the app icon, stating the amount of new messages or emails. While this feature is available on iOS or Nova Launcher Pro, it’s not included in the Google Now Launcher. Luckily, there is a solution to this issue. Here’s how to get notification badges in the Google Now Launcher.
Before we get started
There are a few things you need to get notification badges in Google Now Launcher. That’s what you need:
- Rooted Android device
- Google Now Launcher installed
- Xposed Framework installed
- Xposed GEL Settings Premium
How to activate notification badges
Once you’ve installed all required apps, activating notification badges is actually quite easy and can be done in a few steps.
- Open Xposed GEL Settings
- Select Notification Badges (Beta) in the sidebar
- Select Open MissedIt!
- In the Shared Elements tap, make sure to add all apps that you wish to display notifications using the plus button
- Head back to Xposed GEL Settings and enable badges
- Relaunch your device
- That’s it – You’re done!
I hope that I was able to help you! Let me know if you have any questions in the comments below.
Interested in more guides? Have a look at our database!