The new thing that was added to Messenger, which is owned by Meta, is called What’s App Channels. Most of the posts and updates come from well-known people, people who run social media accounts, and groups that work on a wide range of topics and fields. It might look or work a bit like Telegram Channels, but it’s not the same. This article will teach you how to use a WhatsApp channel and how to make or join one. Look at this:
Table of Contents
How to Access WhatsApp Channels?
Users of WhatsApp should make sure they have the most up-to-date version. To find channels in the WhatsApp app, look in the “Updates” column next to the chats. After that, users need to click on the plus sign (+) and then on “New Channel.” After you click “Get Started,” the app will tell you what to do next.
Meta’s platform hopes that this move will help it compete with Telegram. But WhatsApp is better because it is better known and has been downloaded more times.
Mr. Narendra Modi, who is the Prime Minister of India, and Kejriwal, who is the Chief Minister of Delhi, have both joined WhatsApp groups.
Features of WhatsApp channels
People can find more people in their country in a more useful list when they use WhatsApp Channels. They can also see which channels are new, active, and well-liked by looking at how many people follow each one.
Things can now be replied to on WhatsApp Channels too. It’s okay to use emojis to answer. People who follow you won’t be able to see them, though.
How to Join a Channel on WhatsApp?
If you can see Channels on WhatsApp, you’re almost done. It’s also easy to join a group. Getting into a WhatsApp Channel can be done in two ways. Check out what’s below.
You can join channels from the Updates tab.
1. Start WhatsApp and go to the “Updates” tab.
2. This screen’s “Find Channels” button is at the bottom. Feel it.
3. You will now see a list of all the WhatsApp groups you can join. There is a plus sign next to the channel you want to follow. You can also use the search icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
Finding Channels on WhatsApp to Add
You now know. Now, in the Channels tab, you can see the videos or people you follow. All you have to do to get updates is tap on the Channel you want.
It’s okay if you live somewhere that doesn’t have a good WhatsApp room. Also, WhatsApp has added a filter for places where there is a lot going on. You can sort channels by where they are from as well as by how popular, active, or new they are.
Join via WhatsApp Channel Link
You can also easily join a WhatsApp group if someone gives you a link to it. Anyone can send you a channel link. Just tap the View channel button below the message to see it. Then it will open, and you can tap the Follow button in the upper right corner. That’s the end of it. It worked! You used a link from a platform to join a WhatsApp group. It’s really simple, right?
How to Unfollow a WhatsApp Channel?
You will need to unfollow a WhatsApp Channel in order to stop getting updates from it and get rid of it from your Updates feed. If you don’t know what to do, here are some ideas:
1. When you open your WhatsApp app, go to the Updates box.
2. This is a list of all the channels you found and added. Choose one to click on.
3. It looks like three dots going up and down. It’s in the upper right corner. Click on the link that says “Unfollow.”
4. A window will pop up asking you to double-check. You now know. Tap the “Unfollow” button one last time. You were able to destroy a WhatsApp Group.
Unfollowing WhatsApp Channels in Bulk
It would take too long to go to each page and unfollow it one by one if you have added too many channels. This is not the best idea. Instead, use this simple trick to stop following all of the WhatsApp groups at once:
1. Go to the News page of WhatsApp and click on the “See all” button next to the “Find channels” tab.
2. Here is a list of all the Channels. You can now use the list or type in the name of a Channel to find it.
3. There will now be a checkmark next to each of these Channels. Feel it.
4. When you’re done, click “Unfollow” in the next window.
How to Make a WhatsApp Channel and Delete It?
Not long ago, only certain people and groups could make a WhatsApp Channel. On the other hand, more people can now make WhatsApp channels. It’s easy, and soon you’ll be in charge of a WhatsApp group. Plus, it’s easy to share and delete a WhatsApp group. Learn how to make a WhatsApp Channel by following our step-by-step guide.
How to Share WhatsApp Channels with Others?
Telling other people about great WhatsApp Channels like Beebom’s can get more people to follow them. Someone at work who did get the Channels update sent me a link to the WhatsApp Channel because I missed it the first time. I saw that the update wasn’t live on my device yet when I clicked on this link.
It’s easier for your friends to join a WhatsApp group if you invite them to it through Sharing Channels. It’s easy to share WhatsApp channels:
1. Open the page for the Channel you want to share on WhatsApp.
2. In the upper right corner, tap the three dots that are lined up. It will show a menu. From that menu, pick Channel News.
3. There will be a button that lets you share the WhatsApp channel with your family and friends.
4. If you click the “Share” button, you can share the Channel link with your favorite app. If you click the “Forward” button, you can do it right in WhatsApp. You can send the Channel link to anyone, anywhere, by clicking the Share button. You can copy it too.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What does it mean to have an account on WhatsApp?
“Channels” are a feature of WhatsApp that lets the person who made them share posts, updates, and other things with the people who follow them. That person who made it (who may or may not be the channel admin) will be able to send it to many people at once. But people who follow will not be able to answer in the channel. Still, they can do something.
Can the person in charge of your WhatsApp channel or someone who follows it see your name and other information?
This person is only able to see the follower’s name if they have their phone number saved. People who are following will not know anything about administrators. People who follow each other won’t be able to get in touch with each other.
Is it possible to have WhatsApp Channels on iOS?
There is a way to use WhatsApp Channels on iOS. People all over the world who use WhatsApp will soon be able to make a channel. Other features are still being added, though.
Is it possible to look at WhatsApp groups without joining?
When you open a WhatsApp Channel, you can just hang out and look at the posts without following the people who made them.
Is it possible to get rid of the WhatsApp group I made?
Yes, you can. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page that lists the channels to get rid of them. Type in your phone number and email address after clicking it to prove that you are who you say you are. The channel will be gone after that.