How to Cancel Your Netflix Subscription!
Netflix is raising prices, adding ads, and may soon start punishing people who share passwords, so you might be thinking about cancelling your subscription all together. Even though the streaming service has a lot of popular movies and shows that you can’t get anywhere else, there is plenty of good content on other platforms in 2023.
It’s pretty easy to stop using Netflix if you want to. You can find other ways to stream by following our step-by-step guide and looking at our list of services like Netflix. There are a lot of ways to stream content today, but you can only be a couch potato for so long.
If you want to cancel Netflix, keep reading to find out how. It’s easy to cancel your Netflix account, but you should take a few extra steps to protect your data. Here’s how to permanently cancel your Netflix account.
What is Netflix?
People pay for Netflix so they can watch movies and TV shows on any device that can connect to the internet. Depending on your plan, you can also download TV shows and movies to your iOS, Android, or Windows 10 device and watch them when you don’t have an internet connection.
Netflix has different content in each country, and that content may change over time. You can watch award-winning original Netflix TV shows, movies, documentaries, and more. The more you watch on Netflix, the better it gets at recommending TV shows and movies to you.
You can watch Netflix on any device that has the Netflix app and can connect to the internet. This includes smart TVs, video game consoles, set-top boxes, streaming media players, smartphones, and tablets.
You can also watch Netflix on your computer by using a web browser. You can look at the system requirements to make sure your web browser is compatible, and you can look at best recommendations for internet speed to get the best performance.
How Do You Cancel Your Netflix Subscription?
After your one-month free trial is over, you might not want to keep Netflix. Most subscription services hide their “Unsubscribe” buttons deep in their settings, but Netflix makes it surprisingly easy to cancel. If you want to cancel Netflix because you think you’ve seen everything you want to see or because you want to end your free trial before you have to pay, you can do one of the following:
How Do You Cancel a Netflix Account That You Set Up Directly?
This is probably the way to go if you signed up for Netflix on the website or through a smart TV.
1. Open any web browser and go to Netflix’s website. Sign in to your account if you haven’t already.
2. Click the arrow pointing down in the upper right corner of the page, then click Account.
3. Under “Membership and Billing,” click Cancel Membership near the top of the page and confirm that you want to cancel.
4. If you still have a DVD plan, click Cancel your DVD plan and confirm that you also want to end it.
If you don’t see the option to cancel your account here, it means that you signed up for Netflix through a third party. You should see details about who is in charge of your Netflix account.
How to Cancel Your Netflix Subscription From Your Web Browser?
Follow these steps to close your Netflix account using a web browser on your phone or computer. On a computer, it’s easier to use a browser, but the steps are the same on the mobile site. If you want to skip to step 5, go straight to the Netflix account cancellation confirmation page.
1. On Netflix’s website, sign in to the account you want to close.
2. Click the picture of yours in the upper right corner of the page.
3. In the Netflix profile menu on the browser, the Account option is in bold.
4. This will take you to a page that confirms your decision to cancel and tells you when your plan will end.
5. The browser menu for your Netflix account has a button that says “Cancel Membership.”
6. After you click Finish, click Cancel. This will take you to a survey where you can choose from a list of reasons why you want to cancel or give more detailed feedback.
7. Fill out the questionnaire, and then click “Done.” This takes you back to the page where you can find out when you will no longer be able to watch Netflix shows.
How Do You Cancel Your Netflix Subscription on Your iPhone or iPad?
If you signed up for Netflix through an app on your iPhone or iPad, your account is probably tied to your Apple ID. In this case, you’ll need to cancel through the Apple ID menu.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and tap your name at the top of the page.
2. Click “Subscriptions” on the Apple ID menu that comes up.
3. Choose Netflix from the list that appears, and then click Cancel Subscription. Make sure you know what you want.
How Do You Cancel Your Netflix Account on Android?
In the same way, if you signed up for Netflix through the Android app, it’s probably connected to your Google account. This means you’ll have to cancel through the Android Play Store app.
1. Open the Play Store app on your Android and tap the profile icon in the upper right corner.
2. Tap Payments & Subscriptions in the new menu, and then tap Subscriptions.
3. Choose Netflix from the list of subscriptions you have, and then click Cancel Subscription. Make sure you know what you want.
How to Cancel a Netflix Subscription if Your Account Was Hacked?
If you think someone broke into your Netflix account, you should find out what happened before you cancel it.
1. Go to the part of your Account page called “Security and Privacy.” From there, you can click on Manage access and devices.
2. If you find a place to browse that seems sketchy, change your password and log out of all of your devices right away.
If it’s too late and the hacker already has the email address for the account, you’ll have to call Netflix to report the problem and cancel your account.
How to Cancel Your Netflix Subscription in Your Browser via Google Play?
If you signed up for Netflix through Google Play, you have to cancel your account through Google Play.
1. Go to Google Play and create an account.
2.Click the icon for your profile in the top right corner of the page.
3. Select Payments & Subscriptions from the menu.
4. Click the “Subscriptions” tab to begin the process of cancelling your subscription.
Can I Stop Paying for Netflix Through Another Service?
People usually sign up for Netflix through Amazon, iTunes, their Internet Service Provider (ISP), or another service. If you signed up for Netflix through one of these methods, you can’t cancel through Netflix itself. This happened because your account was linked to another service.
Can You Reactivate Your Netflix Account?
You have up to 10 months to get back into your Netflix account. If you do it within this time frame, your viewing history and other information will still be there. If you try to cancel after this time, you’ll have to start a new account.
Alternatives of Netflix
If you cancel your Netflix membership, you won’t be able to watch some of the best movies and TV shows. That means you can’t watch Stranger Things or look for The Witcher. If that’s not a deal-breaker for you, there are other good services out there that cost less. Also, remember that if you pay for Amazon Prime, you already have access to Prime Video. There are more choices if you want to look, like Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, HBO Max, Apple TV+, and many others.
Just like that, you’re no longer subscribed, and you can stop getting all of that media for a while. If, on the other hand, you want to switch to a different service to binge, there are many good ones out there, and many of them have free trials. Also, while you still have a few days left, watch as many of Netflix’s best set of action or romantic movies as you can.