How to Change Xbox Gamertag
Playing games on Xbox is love. And most of us facing the same problem how to change Xbox Gamertag? In the Xbox. So, this article is already meant to solve the problem such as you just need to follow the instructions carefully.
When you are enjoying playing games on the leaderboard, there is a name that everyone can see that is Gamertag. You create it when you create the account, but if you want to change your old name to the new one. Then you can go for it. But, you have to know ut is only free for the first time. But if you want to change it again and again then you have to pay $9.99 each time to change your name. Which everyone else will see.
Here, let’s see how to change the name of the gameplay. Let’s get started.
How to Change Xbox Gamertag
You will come across various ways of changing your Xbox Gamertag. I will be showing you how to change the Gamertag on various Xbox devices, be it Xbox One, Xbox 360, or Xbox website and Windows 10 Xbox app.
Let Us See How Can We Change the Xbox Gamertag on Xbox One
You can change the Gamertag directly from your console if you follow the below steps appropriately:
- You will see the Guide button in the middle of the Xbox controller, just press it.
- Now, on the screen you will see your picture in the upper left corner, select the picture and press the A button on the controller.
- You need to select the My Profile option and then select the Customize option.
- You will see the Gamertag option on the screen, select it and input the new Gamertag you want.
- If the Gamertag is not available the system will show it.
- At last, select the Claim it option and you will see that your Gamertag is now changed.
Note: The name which you will decide to update or renew must contain 12 characters. And you have to make sure the name does not contain any other character and won’t get started with numerics.
Now, Let Us See How to Change Gamertag From Xbox 360:
This method is somewhat different from the method you have seen above. Follow the below steps patiently.
- On the screen you will see the Social menu, you have to select it and then select the Sign-in or out.
- After you have signed in, select your profile and scroll until you see the Settings option.
- Enter the Settings option and select the Profile.
- In the profile section, you will see the option of Edit Profile, select it and then select the Gamertag option.
- Now, enter the new Gamertag you want.
- After entering the given name, select the Done option. Like the above, if the Gamertag is available the system will set your Gamertag else, it will alert you.
How Can We Change the Gamertag on the Xbox Website?
If you have no access to the console, still you can change your Gamertag. Let us see how!
- You need to open the Xbox site on your browser. And then navigate to the Change Gamertag page.
- You will need to fill out the account information on the website
- Now, you can change your Gamertag, enter the new Gamertag you want and then check if it is available by selecting Check Availability.
- Same as the above two, if the Gamertag is available the system will set your Gamertag else, it will alert you.
Changing Your Gamertag From Windows 10 Xbox App
- Open and login into the Xbox app with proper credentials.
- You will see gamerpic on the top-left corner on the home screen, click on it.
- Now, click on Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Change Gamertag option.
- After this, you will be redirected to Microsoft’s website and you have to sign in there with your Microsoft account.
- Enter the Gamertag you want and check if it is available. If the Gamertag is available the system will set your Gamertag else, it will alert you.
How Much It Will Cost to Change Xbox Game Tag?
Yes, it will cost you if you are doing it for a second time, but if you are doing it for the first time, then there are no charges. It will cost you near $9.99 each time. Only the first time it’s free of cost.
In this article, I tried to help you out. If you have any queries or wanted to share something related feel free to reach us in the comment section below.