You want to improve the productivity of your work and experience a great experience. Especially when you are using lappy. But, you want to know how to connect 2 monitors to a laptop with VGA and HDMI?
You can connect monitors with both VGA and HDMI. but, do you know you can not use both together. In this article. I am going to share important things before connecting and how to connect two monitors.
How to Connect 2 Monitors to a Laptop With VGA and HDMI
Do you know before connecting your laptop to 2 monitors you have to take care of some steps very carefully? Let us get started with instructions.
Step1- Important Things to Be Taken Care of Before Starting?
- Operating System: Make sure your laptop supports dual monitors. It all depends upon the operating system. An operating system like windows. In the terms of windows. An old laptop like having windows 6,5 does not allow 2 external monitors to connect. But, in terms of
new laptops having windows 7,8,9 or 10. May support dual monitors to connect.
- Graphics card: Make sure you are using the right graphics card to support dual monitors to a laptop screen. You need a good graphics card.
You can check it on the manufacturer’s website and find your laptop model by writing your name on it. Whether your graphic card is supporting it or not?
Know your laptop product name> then visit the official website> check the graphic card details.
- Check your laptop ports: Every laptop has 4 different ports in the device.
- Display Ports
- Digital Video Interface (DVI)
- Video Graphics Array(VGA)
- High-Definition Multimedia Interface(HDMI)
Any of these ports might your laptop have also, any of them your monitor have. Which is completely fine. But, it is good for your time to have some ports on both devices. If both have different ports then, you have to connect both of them with any help like a connector. either it would be a VGA AND HDMI Connector.
Note: if you do not have graphics or ports or any of these appropriate work. Then, you have to buy a graphic card if it is not appropriate. And if the port is not attachable then you go for the connector.
Step2- How To Connect Monitors With VGI and HDMI Ports?
Now, you are all set to connect them. You just need to follow the guide
For example, You have laptop ports of VGI and HDMI. and your computer is having VGI and HDMI ports. Let us start a step by step guide.
- Firstly, let us start with an external monitor. Connect the external monitor cable to your laptop port. You can go to any port but make sure to connect the same. Like VGI to VGI. and HDMI to HDMI.
- Repeat the first step with another cable. Like VGI to VGI nad HDMI to HDMI. pug in both the cables in the ports.
- Go to the empty area of your desktop. If you are a windows 10 user go with “Display settings” and if you are windows 8or 7 users then go to” Screen Resolution”
- Now, you will see your external monitors by the name display 1, display2 and display3 on your monitor screen. If you are unable to see them then
- Go with the display2 and click on Extend desktop to this display in Multiple displays, and click Apply.
- Repeat step 5 with display 3
- Here, you can finish this step by clicking on “OK” here, you can enjoy monitors with your laptop.
Note: You can change the size of items, display resolution and orientation according to you. For the good working or the work of your choice. With which you feel comfortable.
What to Do if I Have One Single Port on My Computer and I Have to Run Two Monitor Screens?
This is actually a very big problem. Because you want to connect our laptop with 2 monitors and you have only one port in the computer. Then you can go for “Switch Splitter” or “Display Splitter”.
These are the splitters that have a dual connection. You just connect both cables on its port and then, connect its cable to your one port of the laptop. It will connect your laptop to two monitor screens.
What Can I Do if I Have an HDMI or VGI Port on My Laptop and Not at the Monitor Screen?
It is really a tricky question. Well, you can go with the connector option. Connector means it is of a VGI OR HDMI port related to your monitor and the cable which connect your laptop is of VGI OR HDMI port which your laptop has.