How to connect AirPods to MacBook Using 2 Methods: 2022 Updated
How to connect AirPods to MacBook? Set up AirPods with your Mac and other Bluetooth gadgets. Figure out how to set up your AirPods with your Mac, Android gadget, or one more Bluetooth gadget to stand by listening to music, accept calls, from there, the sky is the limit
How to Connect AirPods to MacBook
Assuming you’re utilizing AirPods (second era), ensure that your Mac has macOS Mojave 10.14.4 or later. AirPods Pro require macOS Catalina 10.15.1 or later. AirPods (third era) require macOS Monterey or later.
On the off chance that you set up your AirPods with your iPhone and you’re Mac is endorsed into iCloud with a similar Apple ID, your AirPods may be prepared to use with your Mac. Place your AirPods in your ears and snap either the Bluetooth menu or the volume control volume in the menu bar on your Mac.
- Then pick AirPods from the rundown. In the event that you don’t see your AirPods in the Bluetooth or volume control menu,
- Pair your AirPods with your Mac:
- On your Mac, pick System Preferences from the Apple menu, then click Bluetooth.
- Ensure that Bluetooth is on.
- Put both AirPods in the charging case and open the cover.
- Press and hold the arrangement button on the rear of the case until the status light glimmers white.
- Select your AirPods in the Devices list, then, at that point, click Connect.
Assuming sound actually plays from your Mac speakers, click either the Bluetooth menu or the volume control in the menu bar and ensure that your AirPods are chosen as the resulting device.1
Use AirPods with a non-Apple gadget
You can involve How to connect AirPods to MacBook as a Bluetooth headset with a non-Apple gadget. You can’t utilize Siri, however, you can tune in and talk. To set up your AirPods with an Android telephone or another non-Apple device,3 follow these means:
- On your non-Apple gadget, go to the settings for Bluetooth and ensure that Bluetooth is on.4 If you have an Android gadget, go to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth.
- With your AirPods in the charging case, open the cover.
- Press and hold the arrangement button on the rear of the case until you see the status light glimmer white.
- Whenever your AirPods show up in the rundown of Bluetooth gadgets, select them.
Your AirPods (second era), AirPods (third era), and AirPods Pro can switch naturally between your Mac with macOS Big Sur, iPhone with iOS 14, and iPad with iPadOS 14 or later. Your gadgets should be endorsed in with a similar Apple ID utilizing two-factor validation. For instance, while standing by listening to music on your Mac, you answer an approach your iPhone. Your AirPods naturally change from the music on your Mac to the call on your iPhone.
AirPods on the Screen of Mac
- In certain circumstances, you’ll see a notice about your AirPods on the screen of your Mac. Whenever you hold the pointer over the notice, a Connect button shows up. Click Connect to affirm that you believe your AirPods should change to-or remain with your Mac.
- If you have any desire to switch programmed turning off for your Mac, open Bluetooth inclinations on your Mac with your AirPods in your ears. Click the Options button close to your AirPods in the rundown of gadgets.
- Click Connect to This Mac, and afterwards pick When Last Connected to This Mac. To turn this element on once more, pick Automatically.
- Sound shouldn’t naturally change starting with one gadget then onto the next assuming that you’re in a discussion, similar to a call, a FaceTime call, or a video gathering.
- On the off chance that your AirPods are matched with your iPhone
- On the off chance that you previously associated your AirPods with your iPhone, they’re prepared to use with your Mac (your Mac should uphold Handoff and you should be endorsed into iCloud utilizing a similar Apple ID).
Steps to be Considered
- Open the AirPods case.
- Click the Sound control in the menu bar on your Mac, then pick AirPods.
- Match your AirPods with your Mac
- On the off chance that your AirPods are not associated with your iPhone, you can interface them straightforwardly with your Mac.
- With your AirPods for their situation, open the top.
- Press and hold either the arrangement button on the rear of the case or the clamour control button (on AirPods Max just) until the status light glimmers white.
- On your Mac, pick Apple menu > System Preferences, then, at that point, click Bluetooth.
- Select AirPods in the Devices list.
- Assuming your AirPods support it, click Enable to have the option to say “Hello Siri” to begin utilizing Siri with your AirPods.
- If found out if you need to further develop Siri and Dictation, do one of the accompanyings:
- Share sound accounts: Click Share Audio Recordings to permit Apple to store the sound of your Siri and correspondence associations from this Mac. Apple might audit an example of put away sound.
- Try not to share sound accounts: Click Not Now.
- If you adjust your perspective later and need to share or quit sharing sound accounts, select or deselect the Improve Siri and Dictation tickbox in the Analytics and Improvements part of Privacy inclinations. See Change Privacy inclinations.
You can eliminate the sound accounts from Apple servers at whatever point you like – see Delete Siri and Dictation history. How to connect AirPods to MacBook. You can set your inclinations to interface your AirPods consequently or just when last associated with your Mac. See Change when your AirPods interface with your Mac.
Step by Step instructions to fix AirPods not interfacing with your Mac
- Ensure your macOS is state-of-the-art all Apple gadgets work best while running the most state-of-the-art programming and working framework adaptations. Look at how to ensure you’re running the most recent macOS variant.
- Ensure your AirPods are appropriately charging to reset the Bluetooth association between your AirPods and your Mac, ensure your AirPods are charged as well as are effectively charging for their situation. This is the means by which your gadget can match with your AirPods.
- Ensure your Mac Bluetooth is turned on to make sure that your Mac Bluetooth is on, you have several choices.
- To start with, go to Apple menu > System Preferences, then, at that point, pick Bluetooth. Ensure Bluetooth is marked “On” under the symbol to one side
- Second, assuming that you have Bluetooth in your Apple Menu, click the symbol and in the dropdown guarantee, the flip is on (exchanged right and featured). How to connect AirPods to MacBook. Make sure that your AirPods are recorded gadgets in your Bluetooth associations
- Whenever your AirPods are associated with Mac Bluetooth, they ought to show up in the rundown of gadgets under System Preferences > Bluetooth or, on the other hand, in the Bluetooth dropdown from your Mac Apple Menu.
Assuming your AirPods show up in the gadget list, be certain that you’ve chosen them as your sound gadget.
To do this, Ensure they are featured as a functioning Bluetooth association. At the point when your AirPods are chosen the symbol to the left will be featured.
- Now, select them as your favoured sound result by tapping the Audio symbol in your Apple Menu bar and clicking Airpods in the dropdown. Assuming you see your AirPods in the rundown Bluetooth gadgets however they aren’t interfacing,
- Be certain you are in Bluetooth the executives under System Preferences. Observe AirPods in the gadget list
- Tap the X to one side of your AirPods to eliminate them from the rundown. You should reconnect them. To figure out how to do that, continue to the following segment
- Reconnect your AirPods to Mac
- If either your AirPods were not perceived by your Mac Bluetooth or they were recorded in your Mac Bluetooth yet were not associating as expected, you should start a new association between your AirPods and Mac.
This is how it’s done:
- Close your AirPod case with the AirPods inside, stand by 15 seconds, then, at that point, open the case
- Press and hold the arrangement button on the rear of the charging case for around 10 seconds
- At the point when your AirPods are prepared to associate, the status light ought to gleam white
- Bring your open AirPod charging case, still with the AirPods inside, near the Mac
- Your Mac ought to perceive the AirPods and tell you on the screen. Follow the prompts directed on your Mac
At long last, try out your AirPods with a music or a video to guarantee they are appropriately associated
Assuming that you are as yet experiencing difficulty associating, attempt to reset your AirPods involving the guidelines in the following segment.
The most effective method to reset AirPods when they won’t match with Mac
Consider the possibility that, after all the investigating on the Mac side, your AirPods actually will not associate. It can frequently serve to reset your AirPods as a matter of fact. This is the way to make it happen.
- Place your AirPods in the charging case, and close the cover. Stand by 30 seconds
- Open the charging case on your Mac, go to System Preferences > Bluetooth and click the More Info button close to your AirPods. (In the event that you don’t see your AirPods in System Preferences > Bluetooth, simply go to the subsequent stage.)
- Click Forget This Device, then snap to affirm
- With the case open, press and hold the arrangement button on the rear of the case for 15 seconds or until the status light flashes golden, then white
- Presently, keep your AirPods for their situation with the top open, bring your AirPods near your Mac and follow the prompts on the gadget screen
When AirPods are reset, maybe you’re getting new AirPods. All your past AirPods settings will be reset. Make certain to change your settings once more.