How to Deactivate Instagram Account for Computer, Android
How to deactivate Instagram? Your profile, images, comments, and likes will be hidden if you temporarily disable your account. You can revive it by logging back in. Your Instagram account may only be disabled from a computer or mobile browser.
How to deactivate Instagram From a computer
- Go to Instagram.com: Use a computer to access instagram.com. You can’t disable your Instagram account temporarily from within the app.
- In the upper right corner, click your profile image, then Profile, then Edit profile.
- Scroll down to the bottom right and choose Temporarily disable my account.
- Why are you disabling your account? Select an item from the drop-down menu. and then type in your password again. After you’ve picked a reason from the menu and entered your password, you’ll have the option to disable your account.
- Select Temporarily disable account from the drop-down menu.
How to deactivate Instagram From a mobile browser
- Go to Instagram.com:
- To temporarily disable your account, you’ll need to be able to log in. Take a look at these logging-in advice if you can’t remember your password or username.
- You can set your posts to private or block individuals if you don’t want to disable your account but want to control who can see them.
How to remove the account on Instagram:
Your profile, photos, videos, comments, likes, and followers will all be permanently deleted if you delete your account. You can also temporarily disable your account if you merely want to take a break.
You can re-register with the same username or add it to another account after your account has been deactivated, as long as it hasn’t been stolen by another Instagram user.
Keep in mind that if your account was suspended due to a violation of the Community Guidelines, you may not be able to re-register with the same username.
We are unable to remove your account for security reasons. To request deletion, you must be able to log into your account. Take a look at these logging-in advice if you can’t remember your password or username.
To have your account permanently deleted, please contact us at:
Before you delete your Instagram account, you should log in and download a copy of your data (such as your photographs and posts). You won’t be able to use Instagram’s Data Download function if your account has been terminated.
From a mobile browser or a computer, go to the Delete Your Account Page. If you’re not already logged in to Instagram on the web, you’ll be prompted to do so. You can’t remove your Instagram account from within the programme.
Why are you deleting your account? Select an item from the drop-down menu. and then type in your password again. After you’ve chosen a reason from the menu, you’ll have the option to permanently delete your account.
Delete [username] by clicking or tapping it.
If you want to delete a different account, follow these steps:
- On the Delete Your Account Page, click or press the username in the top right corner.
- Select Log out from the drop-down menu next to Edit profile.
- Return to the account you want to delete and complete the steps outlined above.
- Your account and all of your information will be permanently wiped 30 days after you request deletion, and you will not be able to retrieve it. During that time, the content will be subject to Instagram’s Terms of Service and Data Policy, and it will be inaccessible to other Instagram users.
- After the deletion process begins, it may take up to 90 days to complete. After the 90-day period, copies of your content may stay in backup storage, which we utilise to restore data in the case of a disaster, software malfunction, or other data loss event. Your information may also be kept for legal reasons, terms violations, or harm prevention activities.
How to Take a Screenshot on Windows 10 Using shortcut Keys and Snipping Tools
How to Make Mac Dark Mode: Make Apps and Features Interact Dark Mode
[Free] 4 Methods to Put iPad in Recovery Mode: 2022 Updated
All About iPhone 14 From Body Design, Camera Technology to Crash and WiFi Detections
Q1. For how long can you turn off Instagram?
You can disable your Instagram account for as long as you want, whether it’s 10 months or 10 days. The only restriction on disabling your account on Instagram is that you can’t do it more than once a week.
Q2. Why can’t I turn off my Instagram account?
To temporarily disable your account, you’ll need to be able to log in. But, if you can’t remember your account or password. If you’ve tried everything and still can’t cancel your account. Also, it’s possible that you’ve deactivated it too many times.
Q3. If I cancel my Instagram account, will it be deleted?
Disabling your Instagram account generally means you don’t want to use it for the time being. Along, the users deactivate their accounts to protect their personal information and avoid being bothered by likes and comments. When you disable your account, it effectively vanishes from Instagram.
Q4. Can you deactivate your account several times?
You can only disable your Instagram account once a week at the moment. Then, you’ll have to wait a week to disable it again if you disable it, log back on, and then disable it again.
The article has provided a detailed study about How to deactivate Instagram in this article. I hope, the article finds helpful for you.