“By giving people the power to share, we’re making the world more transparent.”
– Mark Zuckerberg
Undoubtedly, Facebook has given us a super amazing platform for social networking. Besides, its Messenger also gained popularity of being one of the most convenient instant messaging apps.
While you can’t take back the words you uttered from the mouth, you can take back the messages that you no longer want to show to the other person.
I am going to share the steps that will make you understand how to delete messages on messenger.
So, sit tight and keep scrolling.
This article will help you to delete Facebook Messenger messages including the ones that you posted as reactions and stories.
How to Delete Facebook Messenger Messages on Mobile?
- You must already have a Facebook messenger application. Open the app on your Smartphone.
- Login to your messenger account.
- On the home page, you will see the list of conversations you recently had.
- Search and get into the conversation from which you want to delete messages.
Do you see the message that you no longer want in your chatbox?
- OK then, tap it and hold it to see the menu options.
If you are using an iPhone, this menu will appear at the bottom of your screen. On the other hand, you will see a menu in the middle of the screen on your Android phone.
- In the menu, you will see the option to delete. Tap on this option.
This will delete the message in your chatbox.
Explore the best messaging app:- https://trendblog.net/best-messaging-app-for-android/
How to Delete Conversation in Messenger?
In case you are aspiring to delete the whole conversation, follow the steps below:
- Head to the conversation that you want to delete.
- Tap and hold on to the inbox. A pop-up menu will appear.
- You will see the option of delete conversation on iPhone or Delete on Android.
Tap on this option to delete your entire conversation on Facebook Messenger.
How to Delete Facebook Messenger Messages on Computer?
- Open your browser and visit the link https://www.facebook.com/
- Log into your Facebook account.
You will directly land on the Facebook News Feed page.
- On the top right side, you will see the lightning bolt in a speech bubble icon. It’s the Messenger icon on which you have to click now.
- Once you hit it, a drop-down menu will appear.
- Now, on the bottom of the drop-down menu, select See All.
Facebook Messenger web app will be opened.
- After you are done opening the Facebook messenger app to delete messages, find the chatbox of the conversation from which you want to delete the message.
- Now hover your cursor over a message where you will see an emoji and three-dot icon.
- Click on those three dots and you will see a pop-up.
- In the pop-up search for the delete option and tap on it.
This will delete your message from your inbox.
How to Delete an Entire Conversation on the Facebook Messenger Website?
- Head to the conversation that you want to remove from Facebook Messenger.
- Click on the gear-shaped icon in the upper corner.
- Click on the delete option in the drop-down menu.
- Now finally press delete when prompted.
Chatting has become very popular especially among youngsters and adults. While handling multiple tasks, we sometimes wrongly send a message that we regret later. Or, in some cases, we want to hide the message from the other person who is looking into our phones. Facebook messenger allows us to delete the messages.
It has really given us more private features. In the article, I have shared the steps and methods that will help you comprehend how to delete messages on messenger. I hope, you have got your answers.
I would like to hear about your experience using Facebook Messenger. Therefore, do not forget to drop your comments below.
Can you Delete a Message on Messenger?
If you have wrongly sent a message that you no longer want to show to the other person, you can simply unsend it within a limited time.
Open the conversation and select a message that you want to delete. Press and hold on to the message and a menu will appear from which you have to choose the delete or unsend option.
How do you Delete Messenger Messages on Both Sides?
Go into the conversation > Select more > Remove > unsend.
This process will also remove the message from the receiver’s inbox.
How do I Erase Private Messages on Facebook?
In order to delete a conversation on messages from a particular conversation, follow the steps below:
- Extend the conversation.
- Tap in the top right.
- Scroll down and tap Delete or Delete Selected.
- Tap Delete again to verify.
How to Delete Multiple Messages on Messenger?
You can delete multiple messages on Facebook messenger from the specific conversation. For this, you need to select messages and opt for the delete messages option from the menu.