What You Should Know How to delete a Snapchat account?
- Sign in to your Snapchat account at accounts.snapchat.com and click Delete My Account.
- You must wait 30 days after deactivating your account before permanently deleting it.
- Sign in to your account using your username and password within 30 days of deactivation to reactivate it.
- This guide will show you how to delete your Snapchat account. You can also deactivate Snapchat momentarily if you decide to reactivate it later. In fact, before you can completely remove your account, you must first deactivate it.
How to delete Snapchat account
Snapchat is unlike any other social media app in that photographs are only visible for a few seconds before they vanish. It’s easy to get carried away with the photo-sharing site, especially with all of its fun features like funny selfies, real-time live updates, and puppy filters.
But what happens if you want to take a break from Snapchat? Alternatively, why not erase your Snapchat account? If you want to undergo a total social media detox, you may also delete TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter using our guidelines.
It merely takes a few minutes to delete or deactivate your Snapchat account, whether you’re doing it to make room for Instagram Stories, because you despise the Snap Map feature, or simply because you don’t like it.
According to Snapchat’s website, “Your friends will be unable to contact or connect with you on Snapchat while your account is disabled. Your account will be permanently terminated after 30 days. This means your account, account preferences, friends, Snaps, Chats, Story, device data, and location data will be erased from our primary user database.”
Step by step instructions:
- Log in to your Snapchat account. You can also go to this page by going to Snapchat.com, scrolling down to the bottom of the screen, and clicking “Support.” Then click “Account Information” under “My Account & Security.” Finally, choose “Delete An Account” from the drop-down menu.
- Type your login and password in the boxes provided.
- Click “Submit” after entering the security code delivered to the account’s phone number.
- Type in your username and password once more. After that, click “Continue” to get your account cancelled.
Do you want to make a change to the account? Simply log in within 30 days and your account will be fully restored. (You won’t be able to alter your password once the account has been deactivated, so make a note of it in case you need to reactivate it.)
How to Get Your Snapchat Account Reactivated
You can always revive your Snapchat account if you change your mind about deleting it. As long as you do so within 30-days of deactivating it. Simply sign in to your Snapchat account using your username (not your email address) and password to reactivate it.
If you just deactivated your account and are attempting to reactivate it, you may need to wait for the deactivation procedure to complete, which can take up to 24 hours (according to Snapchat).
You should receive an email telling you that your account has been properly deleted if you validated your email address on your account. You can then check in to your account to reactivate it after you’ve received it.
Why would you want to deactivate or delete your Snapchat account?
If you no longer snap or talk with friends, open snaps or chats from friends, post stories, or see friends’ stories, you may choose to deactivate, then delete your Snapchat account.
You’d like to alter your Snapchat handle.
You have too many friends and would rather start over with a new account than go through and delete them all.
You wish to stop using Snapchat due to boredom, bad experiences, a long-term digital detox, a shift in priorities, and so on.
Note: If you’re concerned about revealing too much information on Snapchat, you can adjust a number of privacy settings to keep your connections and information more private. You won’t have to delete your account and create a new one this way.
Q1. Is it possible to erase Snapchat without having to wait 30 days?
Is it possible to delete Snapchat before the 30-day period? Although Snapchat deletes accounts on a regular basis, it does not do so quickly. You have the option of saving your account for 30 days before it is completely erased.
Q2. When you delete Snapchat, what do your friends see?
When you delete your Snapchat account, what do your friends see? The account of the user will be deleted from the app. Friends won’t be able to see the user’s Snaps, Stories, or Memories anymore.
Q3. Does Snapchat remove accounts that have been dormant for a long time?
Don’t be alarmed; it occurs. Inactive Snapchat accounts are not deleted, although there is a time limit: Your account will become inaccessible without being logged in after around 30 days of inactivity on the app.
Q4. How long does it take for a Snapchat account to expire?
After 30 days, an inactive Snapchat account will be deleted. If the account is reactivated within that time period, the deletion procedure will be halted and the account restored. The account will be permanently erased if it is not reactivated.