Step by Step Method to Factory Reset MSI Gaming Laptop
How to factory reset msi gaming laptop. MSI laptops have a stellar reputation among gamers for their high-quality components and reliable performance. Of all, even the most reliable computers can experience problems now and then. Malware, lost file logs, software problems, etc. are all potential issues that might slow down or crash your system over time. When these problems arise on your MSI laptop, the first thing to do is a factory reset. The necessity to uninstall everything and return the laptop to its factory settings is another possibility. In this post, we’ll show you how to factory reset your MSI laptop. Our other publications, Best MSI Gaming Laptops and MSI Gaming Laptops for 2021, may also interest MSI aficionados.
Whether you’re resetting your MSI laptop to fix a problem or getting ready to sell it, you should back up any important information first. It’s possible with the aid of a cloud service or an external hard drive. When it comes to cloud storage, Google Drive and Dropbox are at the top of the list. Both offer free plans, the former with 15GB of storage and the latter with 2GB.
- Once you’ve made copies of all your important data and software, you can wipe your laptop’s hard disc and revert it to its original settings.
- Also, we hope you’ll find our guide, Laptop Trade-in: How to Properly Prepare your Device, helpful as you get your computer ready to sell.
How to Factory Reset MSI Gaming Laptop
Simple instructions from the manufacturer make it easy to reset. Recovery partitions are pre-installed on MSI laptops in the event of a system failure. Pressing the F3 key will take you to this partition. Here’s how to get it done:
- Plug in the power cord for your MSI laptop computer. Turning it off and then back on again may fix the problem if it is currently running.
- If you want to access the System Restore menu, hit F3 when the MSI logo appears.
- Select “Troubleshoot” and press the Enter key.
- Select “Restore MSI factory settings” afterward.
- Then, select “System Partition Recovery” from the menu. In order to format the drive, the system will prompt you to do so.
- Choose the “Yes” option to proceed with the factory reset.
- Keep your MSI laptop plugged into the wall socket once the restoration process has begun.
- After the factory reset is complete, select “OK” to proceed with the installation.
- After confirming the MSI factory reset window, click “Continue” to continue and restart the machine.
You have successfully returned your MSI laptop to its factory default settings. After resetting, you should experience the improved speed and general performance. Be sure to check for Windows updates after connecting to the internet. Keeping your laptop’s drivers up-to-date is crucial to the device’s continued operation.
- Restoring your personal files and software from a backup can be done after the laptop has been restored to its factory settings. Having completed that, you may once again engage in AAA gaming.
- Do not continue with the configuration after the system restoration if you plan on reselling the laptop. The next owner will have the freedom to change whatever settings they wish if you leave them as-is.
Returning a laptop to its original settings is a good first step in fixing software problems and fixing bugs. To give one example, a system reset might remove malicious software and other unneeded files from your hard disc. But don’t forget to use a Cloud service or an external drive to back up your important files, images, passwords, etc. In addition, if you ever find yourself in need of parting ways with your MSI laptop, Gadget Salvation is the place to do it. To further serve our customers, we now provide instantaneous cost estimates, in addition to free shipping and convenient, secure payments. More than that, our database isn’t restricted to desktops and notebooks. Electronics such as cellphones, tablets, and game consoles are also welcome. Visit our homepage now to list your unused electronics for sale.
Q1: How do I use F3 recovery on MSI laptop?
To turn on the computer, connect the power cord and press the button. When you see the MSI logo screen, keep tapping the F3 key until the system recovery utility panel appears. (Note: Double-check that the AC adaptor is plugged in. Before beginning the recovery process, the system will check for the connection.
Q2: How do I reset my MSI laptop password?
- In order to reset your password, contact the system administrator. If your laptop is part of a network, the system administrator can assist you in resetting your password.
- Simply change your password via the web.
- Try using the password hint you set up.
- Log in as the system administrator.
- It’s time to reset and recover the system.
- Substitute a third-party app.
Q3: How do I open the MSI boot menu?
A boot menu is accessible via the “F11” key.
Q4: Why can’t I factory reset my PC?
Errors in the system files are a common source of the reset message. It may not be possible to reset your Windows 10 PC if critical system files have been corrupted or removed. By initiating a System File Checker (SFC) scan, you can attempt to restore these files and fix any damage they may have sustained.
Q5:How do I restore my MSI laptop to factory settings?
If you want to access the System Restore menu, hit F3 when the MSI logo appears. Select “Troubleshoot” and press the Enter key. Select “Restore MSI factory settings” afterward. Then, select “System Partition Recovery” from the menu. In order to format the drive, the system will prompt you to do so.