Microsoft created the.NET Framework, a software framework that includes the Framework Class Library (FCL). It is made up of thousands of bits of shared code that are used by software developers to carry out certain basic tasks.
Many users of Windows 10 are having trouble installing the.NET Framework 3.5. DISM generates error 14003 and Microsoft-Windows-NetFx3-OnDemand-Package error 0x800736b3 when installing.NET 3.5. The corrupted state of Windows 10’s Component Store is indicated by error code 0x800736b3. The text message ERROR SXS ASSEMBLY NOT FOUND has the same meaning. What you can do to prevent it is as follows.
All you need to know about .NET Framework Error 0x800736B3
Prior versions of Windows, such as 7, 8, 8.1, and others did not come pre-installed with this technology, therefore users had to manually install it if necessary. The.NET Framework 3.5 is included with the Windows 10 OS by default, although it might occasionally happen that the.NET software does not install during an operating system upgrade or update.
The owner of a PC, therefore, gets the error message “Reference assembly not installed in the system. 0x800736B3 is the error code. If you recently had this problem, maybe when attempting to run a game, you can try to complete the steps in the following list to fix.NET Framework Error 0x800736B3.
Ways to Fix .NET Framework Error 0x800736B3 on Windows 10
Method 1: Uninstall the .NET framework 3.5 version
- To access the Settings app, right-click on Windows key + I.
- Click Update history after selecting Updates and Security.
- Look through the list of installed updates by clicking on Uninstall updates at the top of the page.
- The installation of the most recent cumulative update is what caused problem 0x800736B3.
- Uninstall it by doing a right-clicking on it.
Note: A old operating system increases the chance of infection and other problems, hence it is not recommended. Only temporarily will this fix for.NET Framework 3.5 issue 0x800736B3.
Method 2: Make use of your group policy editor
- Using the Windows key, enter the command gpedit.msc.
- Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System once Group Policy Editor has opened.
- On the right pane, locate the option labeled “Specify parameters for optional component installation and component repair.”
- Double-click on it and choose Enabled if it is currently set to Not Configured.
- To download repair content without using Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), enable Contact Windows Update directly and then click OK.
Method 3: Use your inbox Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM)
- In the search box, press the Windows key and type cmd or Command Prompt.
- Choose Command Prompt in the search results, then right-click it and choose Run in administrative mode.
- If an administrator password or confirmation is requested, enter the password or click Allow.
- Press Enter after you copy and paste DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.
- Use Windows installation discs or a Windows side-by-side folder from a network share as a repair source if the Windows Updates service that delivers necessary data is damaged. Run the following command in the Command Prompt window after inserting the media:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\\RepairSource\\Windows /LimitAccess
IMPORTANT: instead of C:\\RepairSource\\Windows type the location of your repair source.
- Then hit Enter after typing sfc /scannow. Let the scan finish.
- Once Command Prompt has been closed, launch Windows Updates.
Tips: It’s recommended that you use Reimage to do a complete system scan after fixing the 0x800736B3 problem. To preserve the Windows registry, system files, security, and other problematic areas where damage may result in more mistakes, it is strongly advised to use an optimization tool.
Method 4: Reinstall .NET Framework 3.5 entirely
.NET Framework Error 0x800736B3 should be checked to verify whether it has been resolved after completing Method 3:
- Visit this page to obtain the.NET Framework 3.5 executable.
- Select your language, then select “Download.”
- To complete the installation, adhere to the on-screen directions.
Feature update to windows 10,version1903-error – 0x80070005
Geforce Experiences Error Code 0x0003: 4 Unique & Effective Solutions
Fixing Xbox One Error E102: A Step-by-Step Guide
How to Fix tap to Load Error on Snapchat on Android or iOS Device
Q. How do I fix error code 0x800736B3?
To access the Settings app, right-click on Windows key + I. Click Update history after selecting Updates and Security. Look through the list of installed updates by clicking on Uninstall updates at the top of the page. The installation of the most recent cumulative update is what caused problem 0x800736B3.
Q. How do you fix blocking issues if the .NET framework 4.7 2 is not supported on this operating system?
Simply updating Windows 10 is the only way to fix this issue. Even if you are using the most recent version of Windows 10, it is advisable to check for Windows Updates. Installing all of the Windows 10 updates will probably cure the problem because it is caused by an incompatible operating system.
Q. How do I fix the error code on Windows 10?
- Switch off your computer. Restarting your computer is the first and simple solution.
- Run CHKDSK and SFC. Windows system tools SFC and CHKDSK can be used to repair a corrupt file system.
- Refresh Windows 10.
Q. Does .NET Framework 4.7 work on Windows 10?
Windows 10 LTSB clients and Windows Server 2016-based computers can still install the. NET Framework 4.7 from the Microsoft Download Center.