How to hide friends on Facebook, SIMPLY PUT is a place where we connect the dots to enlighten and inspire you on how to hide friends on Facebook. Sign up for a weekly brief that compiles a variety of news items into a single, untangled notion and delivers it to your inbox.
How to Hide Friends on Facebook?
- Start by going to Facebook. This app has a dark blue background with a white “f” on it. If you’re signed in, this will bring up Facebook on your News Feed.
- If you haven’t already done so, sign in with your email address (or phone number) and password.
- Activate with a tap. It’s at the top-right corner of the screen (iPhone) or the bottom-right corner of the screen (Android) (Android).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Settings. On Android, you can skip this step.
- Toggle Account Settings on and off. This will bring up the Facebook settings.
- Select Privacy. Near the top of the screen, you’ll find this option.
- Tap Who has access to your contact list? Near the top of the screen, you’ll notice it.
- Only me should be tapped. It’s located near the bottom of the screen. This will make your friends list only visible to you.
On a computer:
- Visit the Facebook website. Open your browser and go to https://www.facebook.com/. If you’re logged into Facebook, this will bring up your News Feed.
- If you haven’t already done so, log in with your email address (or phone number) and password.
- Activate the button. It’s just to the right of the? icon in the top-right corner of the Facebook page.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu. Near the bottom of the drop-down menu, you’ll see this option.
- Then select Privacy. It’s a tab on the Settings page’s upper-left side.
- Select Who can see your friends list? from the drop-down menu. In the “Who can see my stuff?” column, it’s the second choice.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu. This box will most likely state “Friends” or “Public” at the bottom of the Who can see your friends list? section
- Only me option should be selected. It’s about halfway down the drop-down menu. Only you will be able to see your friends list if you select this option.
Who has access to my Facebook profile’s Friends section?
The Friends part of your profile is set to public by default, which means that anybody may see it.
To change who has access to your Friends area, go to:
- In the top right corner of Facebook, click.
- Then, under Settings & Privacy, click Settings.
- Click Privacy in the left column.
- Look for the option Who can see your friends list in the settings and then select Edit from the drop-down menu on the far right.
- Select the audience of people you’d like to have access to your friend’s list (for example, Friends).
- Keep in mind that on your profile, you can only control who can view your friend’s list.
- On their own profiles, your friends can also choose who can see their friendships.
- If you set your friends list to Only me, for example, only you will be able to see your whole list of friends on your profile. Anyone can see that you’re pals if your friend’s friends list is set to Public.
People who see your friendship on another profile will be able to see it in Facebook’s News Feed, search, and other places. When others look at your profile, they may notice that you have shared friends.
Q1: On Facebook, how can I hide my friends?
Tap “How People Find and Contact You” after scrolling down to the “Audience and Visibility” section. Go to “Who Can See Your Friends List” and select “Who Can See Your Friends List.” You’ll be taken to a website called “Pals List,” where you can control who can see your friends. Select the “Only Me” option to keep your list hidden from everyone else.
Q2: Is it possible to disguise oneself on Facebook?
To limit who can read your Facebook page, go to the “Who can look up your profile by name or contact info?” drop-down box and select “Friends of Friends” or “Friends.” This prevents your profile from appearing in public Facebook searches or on search engines like Google.
Q3: What is Facebook’s ghost mode?
Ghost for Chat, a Chrome extension, allowing users to be on Facebook while remaining invisible so that friends don’t start contacting them because they see a green dot next to their name. When they have free time, users can stay active on Facebook, but when it’s time to work, they can go into ghost mode.
Q4: How can you make a Facebook ghost?
You must first go to your Facebook Settings to become invisible. Simply click on the upper right hand corner and select Settings, as seen above, once you’ve signed in. This will take you to your Facebook Settings menu, where you can make yourself invisible.
Q5: Is it possible to hide your Facebook profile without actually deleting it?
Is It Possible to Hide My Facebook Account Without It Being Deactivated? Another option for hiding your Facebook account without deleting it is to disable it temporarily. In the top right corner, select the drop-down menu. Select Settings from the Settings & Privacy menu.