How to Jailbreak a Roku? Before going deep into the discussion first of all we must know what is meant by Jailbreak? So, Jailbreak is the technique to remove limitations via rules which are forced from the manufacturer of the device. Now again the question comes, what is ‘Roku’, it is a portable digital media player.
Just to go ahead of the limitations told above for better streaming of content of media.
Jailbreak cannot be done by the traditional authentic method. Even though to date there is no defined method to Jailbreak Roku device, then what so far it is Roku set-top box, streaming stick, or Roku TV.
Table of Contents
How to Jailbreak a Roku?
Roku Operating System, which is only accessible by certified developers. So, it is next to impossible to adjust its features and work as it is a secured Operating operating system.
That’s why, hard to check any method to install any illegal third-party apps on Roku by jailbreaking it. But there is always a solution to the problem and so is the ‘Kodi’ app.
What Is Meant by Kodi?
Kodi is a famous media player and streaming app that helps to surge media content even for free. Due to its comfortable nature, Kodi has normally supported so many third-party software. Which can help users to see TV serials, movies, and many more for free. Even though KODI is not a formally supported app for Roku.S, we cannot directly install it on Roku. Still, we have the way to get Kodi on Roku. You must do it by utilizing a good VPN, VPN hides the IP address of that device.
You have the only option of Screen Mirroring to get access to the Kodi app on Roku. Now you can duplicate the complete screen of either your Android or Windows device wirelessly onto the TV. Then you must know that with the Screen mirroring feature of Roku you can send content to adjustable Roku devices easily, which further can which make use of Miracast rules i.e Micra cast devices under WI-Fi connection move video and audio data from one device to the other one.
Let Us See Now, How to Mirror the Kodi App to Roku Device via Android Phone and Windows Pc.
- First of all, activate its mirroring feature
- Select the ‘Home’ button of remote on Roku
- Now move to Settings and then to System Updates
- Again go to the Settings and then to the Screen Mirroring option to activate the Screen mirroring option.
- At last, choose either ‘Prompt’ or ‘Always Allow’. Once you select ‘Always Allow’ you do not have to repeat these steps, again and again, to use Kodi on Roku.
- Now that the mirroring feature of Roku has been enabled here’s how to get Kodi on Roku:
Steps for Getting Kodi on Roku Through Android Smartphone
Points to remember before starting the process are that your Android smartphone and Roku devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network and the phone should execute on 4.4.2 or higher ones. Now have the steps further:
- Move to the Settings on your Android phone
- 2 Then choose ‘Display’
- After selecting ‘Wireless Display’
- Display holds several devices, just select Roku device from that list
- Now Roku wants access so select the ‘Always accept’ option
- So the TV through Roku is mirrored with Android phone’s screen
- Then set the Kodi app on your Android phone to begin streaming a TV show or movie
Steps for Getting Kodi on Roku Through Windows Laptop
Here also, the windows version 8.1 or above is required and the Roku device, as well as your Windows laptop/PC, must be connected to the same Wi-Fi connection. Remember the Kodi app should be downloaded before hands only. Now, let’s start with the process:
- Move to the Start menu and then to the
- Select ‘Devices’
- Now tap on ‘Connected Devices’ beneath the pop-up menu on the left side
- Then on Main screen view, select ‘Add a Device’
- Go to the list of devices and then select your Roku device from that
- Now laptop/PC screen through Roku is mirrored on your TV
- After that fetch the Kodi app on your Windows Laptop/PC and start enjoying streaming a movie or a TV serial.
There are other ways also available to do so. Enjoy the TV shows and movies now.
The given steps mentioned above in the article is going with all the Roku devices whether it is a Roku box, Roku TV, Roku streaming stick or any other.
Well, The believe that the article has given you the correct steps to move ahead for the topic, of how to jailbreak Roku to transfer the content despite its any form. Even you can share your ideas and valuable thoughts for the above will be appreciated by us. Kindly do the needful in the comment box below!