What You Should Know About how to log out from messenger?
- Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Messenger > Storage & cache > Clear storage on an Android device.
- In the Android Facebook app, go to Settings & Privacy > Settings > Security and Login and log out under your device name.
- Log out your device on Facebook.com by going to Settings & Privacy > Settings > Security and Login.
- Although the Facebook Messenger app for Android and iOS does not provide a straight logout option, this article explains how to deactivate your account from the Messenger app (which is essentially the same as logging out) without having to erase the software from your device.
Using the Android Settings app, how to log out from messenger.
Here’s how to log out of your app through the settings:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Apps and notifications can be chosen.
- Select See all #> apps from the drop-down menu. Scroll down to Messenger and touch it. (Apps are listed alphabetically.)
- Select Storage & Cache from the drop-down menu.
- Clear the storage by pressing the Clear button.
- OK, please confirm. Close the Settings app and go back to the Messenger app to make sure it worked.
- Using the Facebook App, log out of Messenger
- To log out, iOS users must use the official Facebook app. Users of Android can do the same.
- Open the Facebook app and log in to the account from which you wish to disconnect Messenger.
- Select an option from the menu (represented by the hamburger icon located at the bottom of the screen from the home feed tab on iOS and at the top of the screen on Android).
- Scroll down to Settings & Privacy > Settings and press it.
- Select Password and Security from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll find a list of all the devices and their locations where Facebook saves your login data under the section titled Where You’re Logged In. The name of your device (iPhone, iPad, or Android) will be bolded, with the Messenger platform stated beneath it.
- If your device name doesn’t appear with the Messenger label beneath it immediately away, press See all or See More to see all active logins.
- To log out of a device, tap the three dots to the right of the device.
- Select Log Out from the menu. It will be removed from the list, and you will be able to validate that you have logged out by opening the Messenger app.
Using Facebook.com, Log out of Messenger.
These steps are fairly similar to those for using the Facebook app on your phone.
- Sign in to the Facebook account you want to disconnect from Messenger by going to Facebook.com and signing in.
- Select Settings & Privacy > Settings from the drop-down menu by clicking the down arrow in the upper-right corner of the page. From the sidebar menu, select Security and Login.
- Look for the name of your device (iPhone, iPad, Android, or other) and the Messenger label beneath it in the area called Where You’re Logged In.
- Select Log Out from the three dots on the right of a Messenger listing. Your listing will vanish, much like on the Facebook app, and you can check your device to see if you’ve been disconnected/logged out of the Messenger app.
- Open the Messenger app to double-check that you’ve been logged out. Instead of seeing your most recent messages, you should be prompted to check-in using your Facebook credentials.
Q1: On a Mac, how do I sign out of Messenger?
You can sign out if you’re using Messenger through a web browser. Select Log Out from the three dots in the upper-left corner of the screen. Select Logout from the File menu in the app.
Q2: How can I turn off Facebook Messenger?
To permanently unsubscribe from Facebook Messenger, you must cancel your account. Tap your photo in the app, then go to Account Settings > Delete Your Account and Information and follow the on-screen instructions.
Q3: On Android, how do you log out of Messenger?
From the sidebar menu, select Security and Login. Look for the name of your device (iPhone, iPad, Android, or other) and the Messenger label beneath it in the area called Where You’re Logged In. Select Log Out from the three dots on the right of a Messenger listing.
Q4: On an iPhone, how do you log out of Messenger?
- Making use of the Messenger app
- On your iPhone, open the Messenger app and touch your profile in the top left corner.
- ‘Account Settings’ is the place to go.
- ‘Security and login’ will now appear. You will be taken to a web page…
- The same list of logged-in devices will appear. Log out by tapping the three vertical dots next to your messaging device.
Q5: How can I log out of Facebook across all of my devices?
- To access the menu, click the down arrow in the top-right corner.
- Select Security and Login from the left window.
- Click See More under the Where You’re Logged in heading.
- Click Log Out Of All Sessions at the bottom of the list of sessions.