How to Mute/ Unmute/ Unfollow Someone on Facebook
How to mute someone on Facebook. Muting a user or a page is handled in the same way throughout Facebook’s various platforms. We’ll use the Facebook app for your mobile device to help you along. (Here’s how to use the updated UI that supports dark mode.)
How to unfollow someone on Facebook
- Go to the user’s profile and click the “Mute” button.
- To access the menu, please click the “Menu” button in the upper right hand corner of this entry.
- You may now use the “Snooze (Name) For 30 days” option to temporarily silence a person or page for a month.
- Unfollowing a user will remove all of their updates from your feed and effectively “mute” them.
- If you want to stop following a certain person, you can do so from their profile page. Click the “Friends” tab on your personal page.
- Select the “Unfollow” option from the list.
How to Mute Someone on Facebook
In case you forget to manually unmute someone after 30 days, Facebook will do it for you. It’s possible to unmute someone immediately, or to start following them again if you change your mind.
- Facebook’s desktop and mobile apps have separate procedures for this.
- To adjust your Facebook privacy settings, go to the “Menu” tab in the navigation bar at the top of the page, and then choose “Settings & Privacy.”
- To customise your news feed, select it from this menu.
- Select “Reconnect” from the menu that appears.
- To unmute a user, choose them here and click the “Follow” button.
- Click the “Snooze” button in the resulting News Feed Preferences window to reveal the list of temporarily muted users.
- A Facebook user’s Snooze can be terminated early by clicking the “Snooze” icon next to their name.
- Select the “Menu” option in the app’s navigation bar. Click the “Settings” button under “Settings & Privacy” here.
- You should now click the “News Feed Preferences” link at the very bottom.
- Please select the “Reconnect With People You’ve Unfollowed” option.
- In order to re-follow a Facebook friend, they only only touch on that friend’s profile.
- To unmute someone, select “Manage Your Snooze Settings” from the “News Feed Preferences” menu.
- To end snooze mode, choose the user from the list and then hit the “End Snooze” button.
Q1: Can you mute someone on Facebook without them knowing?
Snooze someone’s updates for 30 days, or unfollow them (without actually unfriending them) to permanently mute their updates. Both approaches allow you to unmute the person at any time without them knowing it, and you may always change your mind.
Q2: How do you mute someone’s profile on Facebook?
Muzzling arrogant, obnoxious people is simple if you’ve had enough. To contact someone, just click on their name in the gallery. Access the Mute option from the ellipsis (…) on their profile page.
Q3: When you mute someone on Facebook can they still message you?
In the event that you are muted by another user, you can still communicate with them via messaging. Your message will reach them, but they won’t be notified of its arrival, so it may be a while before they see it.
Q4: How do you see who muted you on Facebook?
To find out who muted you, open the app and add a new “Home” column. If you don’t show up, it’s probably because you’ve been muted.
Q5: What happens if I restrict someone on Facebook?
You can still be Facebook friends with someone even if you put them on a Restricted list, but they will only be able to access the material you make public (such as your posts and profile information) and anything you tag them in.