How to Open Pdf Document: Why Am I Unable to Open Pdf Document
How to open pdf document? Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC can’t open a PDF in your browser or on your PC for a variety of reasons. To troubleshoot the issues, try the suggestions below.
It’s important to note that you can’t fix a PDF by yourself. If you have the source file, you can use an Adobe software like Acrobat or Photoshop Elements to re-create the PDF.
How to Open Pdf Document
PDFs are easily opened in most recent web browsers. Try the suggestions below if you’re having difficulties opening a specific PDF on a web page.
- Open the file in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC.
- Control-click (Mac OS) or right-click (Windows) the link to the PDF file.
- Select your browser’s appropriate save or download option:
- (Source: Google Chrome) Save the URL as (Internet Explorer) Save as a target (Firefox) Save the URL as (Safari) Obtain the Linked File
- Make sure Adobe Acrobat Document is selected as the file type before saving.
If you don’t see a Save As dialogue box, your browser may have automatically downloaded the file to a different downloads window. Also, to open the saved PDF, find it and double-click it. Double-click the PDF in the downloads list if your browser has launched a downloads window.
Can’t get PDF to open on your computer?
- If you’re having trouble opening a PDF on your computer, try the solutions listed below in the order they appear.
- Download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for free on your computer.
- If your computer already has Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC installed, go to the next step.
- The only free PDF viewer that can open and interact with all types of PDF information, including forms and multimedia, is Acrobat Reader DC.
- Install Adobe Acrobat Reader by going to the Adobe Acrobat Reader download page and clicking Install Now. See Download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for Windows or Mac OS for detailed instructions.
- After you’ve completed the installation, move on to the following part.
It’s possible that your system isn’t set up to open PDFs from the desktop with Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC. Also, here’s how you do it:
USERS OF WINDOWS
- Choose Open With > Choose Default Program from the context menu when you right-click the PDF (or Choose another app in Windows 10).
- In the list of apps, select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Adobe Acrobat DC, and then do one of the following:
- (Windows 7 and previous versions) Select To open this type of file, always use the program that was previously selected.
- (Microsoft Windows 8) Select For all.pdf files, use this program.
- (Windows 10) Select Always open.pdf files with this app.
- If your computer has both Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed, select Adobe Acrobat DC.
- Click the OK button.
- USERS OF MAC OS
- To pick a PDF file in the Finder, click its icon.
- Select File > Get Info from the File menu.
Choose Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat from the pop-up selection by clicking the triangle next to Open With (if your preference is not on the list, choose Other to select it).
- Change everything by clicking Change All.
- Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC should be updated.
- Acrobat Reader DC and Acrobat DC receive frequent security updates from Adobe. Also, the issue might be resolved by installing the most recent updates.
- Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC should be open.
- To check for updates, go to Help > Check for Updates.
- Click Yes if the Updater dialogue box opens. The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Your computer should be restarted.
Acrobat Reader DC / Acrobat DC / Acrobat DC / Acrobat DC / Acrobat DC. But, it’s possible that Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC—or the resources that rely on them—will be harmed. Use the steps below to try to repair the product. Also, repair Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC from within Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC: Select Help > Repair Installation from the drop-down menu.
Q1. How can I open a PDF file on my mobile device?
- On Android, you can open and read PDF files.
- From the Google Play Store, download and install Acrobat Reader. Start the app.
- Select Files from the bottom menu bar.
- Locate and choose your PDF file on your Android.
- Take a look at your document. You can also customise the viewing and scrolling options to your liking.
Q2. I don’t have Adobe, so how can I open a PDF file?
Google Chrome can also be used as your primary local PDF viewer. Select Properties from the context menu when you right-click your PDF. Change is the first option, followed by Google Chrome. Then choose Apply.
Q3. Why won’t my phone open a PDF file?
You’ll need to get the most recent version of Adobe Reader to resolve a PDF file that won’t open in Adobe Reader. Then you’ll turn off the protected mode that it comes with by default. The issue of the PDF file not opening in Adobe Reader will be remedied once this is modified.
Q4. Why is it that I can’t view PDF files on my iPhone?
Rather, it’s possible that some of your PDF documents are corrupted if you’re having this difficulty with them. Also, if a file is corrupted, it cannot be opened. Perhaps the PDF file you couldn’t open wasn’t correctly downloaded. But, you might wish to get the file again (re-download, etc.).