This article will enlighten you with the steps to remove someone from Facebook Messenger. So, read till the end.
Messenger is not an uncommon application rather it is the most popular messaging app owned by Facebook. All over the world, people use it to connect with each other. Facebook messenger offers you to chat, video call, send and receive documents, etc.
Sometimes you make some mistakes like you accept the message request of an unknown that you later want to remove from your messenger.
Don’t worry, I am sharing the best methods about how to remove someone from the messenger.
You will not have to feel troubled about having someone in the contacts that you do not want. It is because we are about to unveil the best methods.
How To Remove Someone From Messenger Contact?
Follow the instructions I am sharing below to get rid of the user you do no longer want on your messenger chat list.
- Whether you are using mobile or the computer, you need to log in to your Facebook account.
- Go to the search box of Facebook and type the name of the user that you want to remove from Messenger.
- When you land on the profile of that user if she/he is your friend, tap on the friend and unfriend button.
If not, click on the three-dot option and select the block option.
In this way, that user will no longer be able to see your profile and approach you in any way.
Don’t you want to block that user?
Keep on reading to know how to delete messenger contact…
- Open your messenger and tap on the people contact to expand all the active friends on your messenger list.
- Head to the user that you want to remove from the Messenger list.
- Now you need to click on the Info button next to the profiles Call button.
From there you can remove the contact.
- Once you click on that, you will see the option to accept or decline. You are supposed to click on accept in order to remove the user from Messenger.
This is all mate. You can remove the user by using the Facebook messenger application.
In addition, the user will not be able to communicate with you and even see your online status. This is the best way to remove someone from the messenger list. You can maintain your privacy without even notifying other people.
How To Remove Someone From Messenger Android App?
If you are an Android user follow the steps below to remove a contact from the messenger:
- Click on the updated version of messenger and navigate to the user that you want to remove.
- Click on the user’s profile picture. After that, you need to click on the info icon which is next to the call and video icon at the top.
- Now scroll down and look for the privacy option.
- Under this option tap on ignore messages.
- Accept ignore and ta-da, you will no longer receive the messages from this person.
Also Read: How to Easily Spy on Facebook Chat Messenger
What happens to the conversation after I remove the user?
Once you remove the user from Messenger, Facebook moves it to the message requests folder. From there you can always accept their conversation again. However, Facebook never notifies the user about these ignored messages.
So, have you understood How to Remove Someone from Messenger? I hope you have found this article helpful. Pick the method which suits you the most. If you have any questions you can ask me in the comment section.