How to Restrict and Unblock Contacts in Gmail (2022) UPDATED!
With just a few clicks of the mouse, you may block and unblock contacts in Gmail without their knowledge. It’s important to know how to utilize Gmail’s blocking and unblocking features in order to keep your inbox safe. Gmail makes blocking and unblocking your contacts a two-button process. Blocking someone means that mails from their addresses go to your Spam folder, but they have no idea that they were blocked. If you were just going to block them for a short period of time, be sure you unblock them afterwards. You can block someone on Gmail by following these steps: Do the following if you want to block someone from emailing you:
- Open the email sent by that person.
- Next to the respond button, click the ellipsis (three vertical dots) button.
- In the Block [Contact Name], type the individual’s name and click [OK].
- To confirm your decision, click Block in the resulting popup box.
- Go to the Gmail settings.
- Filters and Blocked Addresses can be accessed by clicking the tab.
- The blocked addresses are listed at the bottom of the screen.
- In order to unblock a contact, you’ll need to find them in the list and then click the Unblock button. Multiple or all addresses may be selected and clicked on to be unblocked.
- Click the Unblock button to confirm your selection in the popup window that appears.
How to unblock a contact on the Gmail mobile app
- Find an old email or account from the blocked person and click the three dots again to see the menu that appears. Unblocking Remove the bar by clicking the Unblock [Name] option.
- You can also return to your Gmail settings and remove the block as we previously mentioned.
- Go to your Gmail account’s settings page (by clicking the gear icon).
- Select the Filters and Blocked Addresses tab.
- Create a new filter by clicking the Create a new filter button.
- You’ll be presented with a new window where you can enter the details for your filter. Enter the domain in the “From” field. If you want to prevent emails from the gmail.com domain from being delivered, simply enter @gmail.com.
- Click on the Create filter with this search button.
- Select Delete from the list of options.
- Select Create filter.
- Go to Gmail.
- Select the email by checking the box next to it.
- More information can be found by clicking here. These kinds of mails should be eliminated from your inbox.
- Enter your search parameters here.
- Create a new filter.