YouTube has made downloading videos from their website a little bit more difficult. The ability to download a video file from YouTube is now only available to subscribers of its Premium service, and Chrome addons are not permitted to do so. You may still download YouTube videos to your local hard drive or even Google Drive, though. You may save a YouTube video to your Google Drive account without having to download and reupload it, which greatly speeds up the process.
I’ll outline the steps in this tutorial for you to follow. But keep in mind that it’s not always lawful in the eyes of the law to download a YouTube video and save it somewhere else. Be sure you know what you are doing. This article is just for educational purposes.
With that said, let’s go into it.
How to save YouTube videos to Google Drive
While you may have plenty of options to download YouTube videos to Google Drive, we will cover two perfect ways that have proved their mettle.
Method 1. Download YouTube videos using Save to Google Drive extension
- Visit the Save to Google Driveextension page and click Add to Chrome to install it.
- To start the installation, click Add extension.
- Once the extension is installed, click the Extensions menu and pin Save to Google Drive. This would make it easier to access later.
- Right-click on the extension and then select Options.
- Click Change destination folder…
- I personally have created a folder dedicated to storing YouTube videos. Feel free to select other folders or leave it as it is.
- Next, go to the video you want to save, right-click on it and select Copy video URL
- Go to a video downloadersite, like SaveFrom, and paste the video URL to get the download link.
- Right-click on the download link, hit Save Link to Google Drive.
- The extension will start downloading the video and store it in Google Drive. This process will take some time to finish.
- Once finished, you may Close the window.
- Check the destination directory on Google Drive. The video should be there.
- You can quickly preview, share, embed, and even download from it immediately because the video is saved there.
Method 2: Download YouTube videos to Google Drive using iTube HD Video Downloader
Another way to download YouTube videos to Google Drive is downloading the video using third-party video downloader first and then moving it to Google Drive. Once the video has been added to Google Drive, it can be deleted from your device if you need to save space.
iTube HD Video Downloader is a powerful HD video downloader that supports over 1000 different video-sharing sites including YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, etc.
iTube HD Video Downloader Key Features
- High-quality video downloads at 4K and full HD resolution.
- Bulk download capability to save multiple videos simultaneously.
- Download an entire playlist in one click.
- Download the videos with a 3X speed.
- Convert the YouTube videos into MP3 in one click.
Steps to download YouTube videos using iTube HD Video Downloader
Download and run iTube HD Video Downloader on your Mac or Windows PC.
Play the videos you want on Chrome, Safari, Firefox or any other web browser. Then you will get a “Download” button on the video window. Just click the button to download the video.
After downloading, you can find the videos under the “Downloaded” tab in “Download” menu.
- If you haven’t seen the Download button, click to get an easy guide on how to install a Download button to your browser.
- If you want to download multiple videos in batch, you can continue to add them to the download queue in the same way.
- You can also download video via a copied URL. Copy the URL of your favorite videos and paste it in iTube HD Video Downloader, then the program will begin to download the videos right away.
However, there’s a chance that YouTube videos are copyright protected in some way. As a result, Google Drive has the right to delete the video from your account at any time and without warning. Although I never experienced this, I wanted you to be aware of the possibilities.
2 Exclusive Ways for How to Download from Youtube
Guide for How to Cancel Youtube Tv Using Android, iPhone, Computer
Latest Update About YouTube Shorts
How to Design Your YouTube Channel
Q. How do I download YouTube videos to my Google Drive?
- On the YouTube video copy the link on the search bar.
- Open a new tab and paste the link.
- Find a video converter website like savefrom.net.
- Convert the video into an mp4 format.
- Select your video to begin the download process.
- Open your Google Drive and select “Upload Files”
Q. How do I save a video to Google Drive?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open your photos app.
- Select the video you want to upload.
- Tap Share .
- Tap Save to Drive.
- Tap Save.
Q. Is Google Drive linked to YouTube?
Google Workspace Marketplace. Allows you to save the video link of YouTube™, Dailymotion, Vimeo to Google Drive™, and Play a video directly in the Google Drive™.
Q. Can Google Drive download videos?
Open the Google Drive app. Tap Send a copy. Depending on your file, tap Save image or Save video.