iPhones are the pinnacle of mobile devices. With its legendary models, Apple has met every requirement for a phone imaginable. Additionally, they increased the stakes by enabling users to record their screen after the introduction of iOS 11.
With the iOS 11 upgrade, all Apple mobile devices, including the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, can screen record. Users of iOS 11 or later may utilise this capability, however there is one significant drawback. The iPhone’s built-in screen recording capability.
Thankfully, there are alternative screen recording iPhone applications that function with far more sophisticated capabilities, such as the Screencast-O-Matic iPhone screen recorder, which lets you record your screen, add commentary, edit your recordings, and share them with ease.
This article will demonstrate how to screen record on an iPhone using both the built-in screen recorder and the iOS screen recorder Screencast-O-Matic for more sophisticated functionality. Because having more features is preferable to having too few, right?
2 ways to Screen Record on iPhone
Screen recording on iPhone is no rocket science. It’s just that you need to get the basics right. How to screen record on iPhone won’t even be a question if you know about the default Screen recording feature on your iPhone.
#1 Enable iPhone’s Screen Recording feature
Before you begin recording the screen, you should know how to enable this feature on your iPhone. And for that, you need to check if the screen record button is in the Control center or not; if not, you must add it first.
- On the home screen, swipe down from the top-right corner to open the Control Center. (If you are using iPhone X or later, the control center will appear by swiping down from the top-right corner, for iPhone 8 or earlier, you need to swipe up)
- Now, find the screen record button in the control center. It will look like a dot with a circle around it.
- If you can’t find it, go to Settings>Control center>Customize Controls.
- Scroll down a bit to the More controls menu and find the Screen recording option.
- Next, tap on the “+” symbol that is next to the Screen recording text. Doing so, this feature will get added to the Control center.
How to screen recording on iPhone?
Note that you can remove screen recording anytime you want by tapping on the “-” button that appears next to the Screen recording option in the Control center.
Now that you have added the screen recording option to the Control centre, it’s time to start using it. Here’s how to screen record on iPhone:
- Depending upon your iPhone model, swipe down or up to open the Control centre.
- Next, tap the Record button.
- A three-second countdown will start, and after that, the clock in the upper-left corner will appear red. In older iPhone models, a red bar appears at the top of the screen.
- Now, tap on the screen to close the control centre and begin recording both the video and audio.
- If you wish to end the recording, just tap on the red clock and tap on Stop. You can also swipe down the control centre and tap on the Screen record button again to stop recording the screen.
How to do screen recording on iPhone with audio
Your iPhone gives you the feature to record yourself too while recording the screen, here’s how to do it:
- Tap and hold the Record button.
- A pop-up screen will appear, there, tap on the microphone icon at the bottom and then tap on Screen recording. You will again see the countdown has begun.
- Now, tap twice on the screen to exit the Control centre.
- So, now the microphone is enabled, and it will turn on every time you begin screen recording. You can turn this feature off anytime you want.
#2 How to screen record on iPhone using Mac
If you have a Mac, here’s some good news for you. You can screen record on your iPhone with your Mac too. QuickTime Player for macOS has been a proficient tool for recording screens on iPhones for a long now. Also, the recording is done in high quality, which can be useful when creating presentations or guides.
- First of all, connect your iPhone to the Mac and launch QuickTime Player.
- Now, at the top-left corner of the screen, find the File menu and choose New Movie Recording under it.
- A bar with the record button will appear. Click on the downward arrow next to the record button and then choose your iPhone in the Camera menu that appears. You can also enable the built-in microphone and choose the quality of the video under the same section.
- Your iPhone is now mirrored to the Mac. Tap the record button to start recording the screen. If you want to stop recording, just hit the record button again and save the file in your desired location.
What after recording the screen?
Now that you know how to screen record on iPhone, you might wonder what’s next. Well, you can edit and share those files easily. iPhone has a lot of editing tools and filter options by default. Make the most out of the screen recording using these tools.
- Open the Photos app and head to the Camera Roll. Select the recorded video.
- Now, tap on Edit in the top-right corner.
- Next, you will find a visual timeline of the video at the bottom of the screen. From there, you can use the arrow beside the Play button to trim the video as per your choice.
- Adjust the arrow till the time you are satisfied with the length of the video.
- You can also add filters to the video.
- Once done, save the edited video. Tap Done>Save as New Clip.
And that, my friend, is how to do screen recording on iPhone in the simplest ways. So, go ahead and make the most out of this feature.
How to install XNSPY on iPhone and Android Devices
How to Make Bubbles to Read Messages on iPhone
How to install life360 on iPhone
How to Print Text Messages from iPhone using 4 Effective Methods
Q. How do I record my screen?
- Swipe down twice from the top of your screen.
- Tap Screen record . You might need to swipe right to find it.
- Choose what you want to record and tap Start. The recording begins after the countdown.
- To stop recording, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the Screen recorder notification .
Q. How do I record on my iPhone 13?
- Open Camera, then select Video mode.
- Tap the Record button or press either volume button to start recording. While recording, you can do the following: Press the white Shutter button to snap a still photo. …
- Tap the Record button or press either volume button to stop recording.
Q. How do you record your screen on iPhone 14?
Press and hold on to the Side and Volume Up buttons simultaneously. If you have an iPhone with a physical Home button, press and hold on the Side and Home buttons instead.