How to set up voicemail on iPhone?
“Hi, leave a message for me”, you may hear these messages sometimes while calling. Well, it’s the voicemail that has been set up by the user.
Nowadays, your phone is always just two steps away. But well, sometimes if you’re in the middle of something or busy with your work, maybe you can’t just pick up your call. In such cases, what you can do is set up a voicemail for yourself. In that way, your caller will leave a message for you, and you can choose who is important and who needs to call back immediately.
If you’re an iPhone user, setting up a voicemail is quite easy. Let me help you to set up a voicemail on your iPhone.
A guide to setup visual voicemail on iPhone
Checking whether your service provider is compatible with Apple’s Visual Voicemail service is the first step in configuring your voicemail messaging.
The iPhone’s built-in Phone app has Visual Voicemail. Without having to dial a number to access your carrier’s inbox, the program enables you to see a comprehensive list of all your voicemails and calls.
The service is not supported by all carriers. To access your voicemail if yours doesn’t, you must call your provider. However, if you’re among the majority who have access to Visual Voicemail, all of your messages will be shown visually on your phone, just like how you see emails.
Without calling a third-party service or using a numeric keypad, you can see who left each message, how long it is, and what time the caller left it.
So let’s get it up and running!
Set up a visual voicemail
- Open the “Phone” app.
- On the bottom right, select “Voicemail.”
- Click “Set Up Now.”
- By entering a password in the text area and then verifying it, you must establish a “Password.”
- Then, press “Done” in the upper right corner of the screen.
Record custom greetings
You could now wish to make a unique voicemail message. For that:
- In the “Voicemail” app, choose “Greeting” in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Speak loudly into the iPhone’s microphone while rapping “Record.” To stop the recording, tap this.
- While the iPhone is recording, the word “Stop” will appear in place of the “Record” feature. Tap “Stop” once you have completed speaking.
- Tap “Save” to save your recorded message if you’re satisfied with it.
- You are free to record the greeting many times.
Change the voicemail password
Follow these procedures if you ever need to reset your voicemail password:
- To access the “Settings” Menu, tap “Settings.”
- To access the sub-menu, scroll down until you find “Phone” and press it.
- Simply select “Change Voicemail Password.”
- In the “Enter a new voicemail password” section, type a new voicemail pin.
- Click “Done.”
Play your voicemail once
Once you start getting voicemails, you may use Visual Voicemail on your iPhone to check your voicemail like how you would check your email.
- To access the Phone app, tap the “Phone” icon.
- To access your voicemail settings, tap “Voicemail” in the lower right corner of the screen.
- On the “Voicemail” page, choose the message you wish to listen to again.
Each message will have the following controls displayed:
- “Play/Pause” – Playback of calls is played and paused.
- “Speaker”- Uses the iPhone’s built-in speaker to play the call audio.
- “Call”- A press on the “Call” button will automatically call the message’s sender.
- “Trash/ Delete”- The call is removed from the Voicemail menu by selecting “Trash/Delete.”
Save your voicemail on your iPhone
On an iPhone, saving and sharing a voicemail is relatively simple:
- On the “Home” screen, choose “Phone.”
- Click “Voicemail.”
- Tap “Share” after selecting the voicemail you want to share.
- You’ll see a list of sharing choices on the share screen. A.m4a file may be shared using the messaging app or other services and programs of you’re choosing.
So, now you have set up your voicemail on your iPhone. Though it seems like an outdated idea but is still equally effective. In that way, you can easily avoid your spam calls.
How to Block a Number, Email, Or Contact on iPhone?
How to Unblock Numbers on iPhone Within Minutes: 2022 Updated
Introducing Project Fi: Google to become a cellular provider
7 Steps to screen record on iPhone 14 in 2022
Q. Where is the voicemail on my iPhone?
Go to the ‘Phone’ app 📞 that contains a link to the voicemail app and then click to it.
Q. How do I activate voicemails on my iPhone?
For your iPhone to have voicemail turned on:
- Hit the “Phone” app button.
- Choose “Voicemail.”
- Observe the setup guidelines listed above.
Q. How do I set up voicemail from another phone?
Save the individual voicemails on that phone to a secure storage site if you want to transfer the voicemails from an old phone.
Follow the steps below if you simply want to access your voicemails on another phone:
- Enter your 10-digit cellphone number in full.
- Press * or # when your voicemail greeting starts to play.
- When prompted, follow the instructions and enter your password.
Q. How many voicemails can I have?
Voicemails are typically limited to 40 messages. This restriction is placed by the carriers rather than Apple. Delete or store messages in your voicemail mailbox to make room for new ones.