Oh! So, you are a windows 10 user and facing the problem of how to stop a program from running at startup windows10? That’s why you are here, let me tell you one thing you are in right place.
Some basic steps need to be taken care of before running a startup program in Windows 10. Sometimes it is installed by itself when you do restart your device. You may realize it, but your computer runs several applications as soon as it starts. When this is necessary for your computer to function, too many applications running on startup can slow down your computer. among other ways to keep your computer running smooth, you Can disable applications from running on startup to improve its performance.
So, in this article, I am going to share how to stop a program from running at startup Windows 10 and the two different ways to disable the program using settings on Windows 10 using task manager. along with other tips for a smooth performance.
How to Stop a Program From Running At Startup Windows 10?
Whenever you install a program on Windows 10, chances are there that it will start itself when the pc is turned on. This eventually adds up the burden on your pc at a system startup. So in a nutshell, if you know how to stop a program from running at startup then it’s a plus point. As this can speed up the startup process. And you will be able to use your PC without waiting much. In this article, I will tell you 2 different ways of disabling startup programs so that you can get a smoother pc experience.
Disabling Startup Programs Using Settings on Windows 10
- Go to the windows start button and search for settings.
- When the settings option appears on the screen then simply click on that or hit the ENTER key on the keyboard.
- After that navigate over the “Apps” menu and click on it.
- After completing these steps, you will see the “Startup” option on the settings sidebar. Click on that option.
- You will get a list of all startup programs along with information about the impact they are giving on the system startup.
- You will see a toggle switch, to turn off a particular program at the startup just click on the switch to make it off.
Let’s have a look at the other method to stop a program from running at startup on Windows 10 device.
Disabling Startup Programs using Windows 10 Task Manager:
- First, click on the start button and search for “task manager” and then click on it.
- When the task manager will open you will see a list of tabs. In case you are not getting the list of the tabs you have to click on “more details”.
- After that, you will have to click on the “startup” tab.
- Then you will receive a list of programs or apps from Windows 10.
- Then select your program that has to be stopped.
- Click on the program and then you will see the “disable” button below on that window.
- Click on “disable” and there you go, that program will now be stopped at the system startup.
- The above two methods do not require installing anything and can be done easily if steps are followed correctly.
More Tips to know How to Stop a Program From Running At Startup Windows10?
- Remove those programs or apps from the system that you no longer use.
- Always use a good Anti-Virus program, what happens sometimes when the system gets infected with malicious programs the system becomes slower.
- Clean up junk from the PC from time to time. You can use one among various third party programs, that can clean junk files from your Windows 10 PC. Programs are available as free and paid versions. Choose that program that resonates with your requirement.
- Do not run programs that have a higher requirement than your current PC configuration. In the worst-case scenario, this can leave you with a slower pc.
- If you use the hard disk as storage then perform disk defragmentation every week.