How to turn off the touch screen in windows 11( Step by Step Instructions)
What to Know
- To access your HID-compliant touch screen, launch Device Manager, then expand Human Interface Devices.
- Choose the Action menu, then Device Disable, then Yes.
- To deactivate Windows 11 touchscreen functionality, repeat for each Human Interface Device listed here.
You don’t like using a touchscreen, but you still want to buy a Windows 11 laptop, computer, or one of Microsoft’s Surface products. There is no need to worry. Learn the ins and outs of turning off the Windows 11 touchscreen, both momentarily and permanently, with this helpful tutorial.
How Do I Turn off Touchscreen on Windows 11?
Disabling the touchscreen in Windows 11 is a simple process that requires no extra software or workarounds and can be done whenever you choose. Find out how to disable the touchscreen on your Windows 11 device, be it a Microsoft Surface or another touchscreen machine.
- To access the Windows 11 Start menu, press the Windows key and the letter X.
- Select the appropriate device by inputting Device Manager.
Tip: When using the Start menu, typing is automatically detected without the need to select the search box.
- Locate Device Manager in the list of results returned by a Start menu search.
- To see more choices under “Human Interface Devices,” tap the arrow that appears next to the heading.
- The first touch screen device that is HID-compliant should be chosen.
- Disabling the device can be done from the main menu by clicking Action and then Disable.
- Just click the “Yes” button.
- Please choose the second touch screen device that complies with the HID standard.
Note: It’s totally acceptable if you don’t have anything else to offer as a second item. This implies you’re done and can turn off the touchscreen.
- Return to the Action menu and click it again.
- Choose to turn off the gadget.
- Just click the “Yes” button. You can now turn off the touchscreen functionality of your Windows 11 computer.
How Do I Temporarily Disable a Touchscreen in Windows 11?
Disabling the touchscreen in Windows 11 devices in the manner outlined above is a temporary measure that can be undone at any moment. Touchscreen on/off in Windows 11 is as quick and easy as it has always been.
How Do I Permanently Disable Touchscreen in Windows 11?
If you want to disable the touchscreen in Windows 11 permanently, you can do it by following the instructions at the top of this page and then leaving them as is. When the touchscreen is turned off, it stays off until you manually enable it again.
It’s best to give a Windows device with a touchscreen a try before giving up on it, even though it may take some time to get used to.
How Do I Disable Windows Touchscreen Indicator?
When the Windows 11 screen is touched, a small circle appears as a visual cue. If you’d rather have no symbol show at all when using the touchscreen, you may do so by opening Settings, navigating to Accessibility > Mouse pointer and touch, and toggling the option next to Touch indicator off.
If, on the other hand, you’d want a more obvious touch indicator, you may do so by selecting the box labelled “Make the circle darker and larger” from the same screen.
Q1: How do I disable the touchscreen in Windows 10?
If you want to turn off a touchscreen in Windows 10, go to the Device Manager and then pick Human Interface Devices > HID-compliant touch screen. Choose Disable Device > Yes from the main Action menu’s subheading.
Q2: How do I disable the touchscreen in Windows 8?
In Windows 8, if you want to disable the touchscreen, you can do so by opening Device Manager, clicking Human Interface Devices, and then searching for a device with “touch screen” in its name. To turn off a device, right-click it and choose the option.
Q3: Does Windows 11 require touch screen?
The aforementioned procedures are the only ones that will allow you to use Windows 11’s built-in touch settings to enable the feature. While all Surface devices from Microsoft are touch screens, not all laptops and desktops running Windows 11 are.
Q4: Is 8GB RAM enough for Windows 11?
RAM – A minimum of 4 GB of RAM is required for the Windows 11 upgrade on a PC or laptop. Even though it’s the bare minimum for Windows 11, we recommend at least 8 GB of RAM for optimal performance.