How to Unblock Numbers on iPhone Within Minutes: 2022 Updated
How to unblock numbers on an iPhone? There are several reasons why you should block a phone number or contact on your iPhone. Perhaps you’re screening every call and preventing spam calls as they come in. Perhaps you don’t want messages from a specific buddy with a bad sense of humor to appear on your screen while you’re at work. Or perhaps you’ve recently gone through a painful breakup and the thought of your ex contacting you is too much to bear. The good news is that blocking contact is quick and easy. The good thing is that blocking a number isn’t permanent, so you can unblock it if you change your mind. Unblocking a number is much easier than blocking it in the first place. But, before we get there, let’s make sure we’re all on the same page on what blocking callers do.
How to Unblock Numbers on iPhone
You may be knowing that if you unblock the number on an iPhone what happens? If you do not, let us find it out!
- A banned iPhone contact is unable to reach you. They are also unable to FaceTime or text you.
- But it doesn’t mean the rejected caller couldn’t contact you; they can still leave a voicemail.
- In reality, when someone from a blocked number calls you, your phone automatically redirects the call to voicemail, but your iPhone does not notify you that you have a new message.
- Rather, the banned caller’s voicemail will remain unheard (and undesired) until you go into your voicemail, find it, and delete it. (Alternatively, you may choose to listen.)
Let us move forward in learning how to unblock numbers on an iphone.
Unblock a Number in iPhone
Firstly, start with unblocking a number in your contacts. Follow the steps from the below:
- Navigate to the “Contacts” tab in the green-and-white Phone app.
- Locate and open the contact you’re looking for.
- Scroll to the bottom of the back and press the words “Unblock this Caller” in blue.
If you blocked a recent caller who wasn’t in your contacts and now regrets it (maybe you now want that dental insurance plan), here’s what you should do? Let us see it.
Unblock Recent Call
- Find the number in your Phone app’s “Recents” tab.
- Tap the blue I in the blue circle to the far right of the appropriate number.
- Scroll down and press the blue Unblock this caller.
Before doing all this, we have to find the blocked contacts on your iphone. Let’s find out where can you find them:
Find Spam Numbers
Tired of spam calls from unknown numbers? or you need to finally distance yourself from your ex and move on (just do it already!), the iPhone’s blocking function may be really useful. It lets you block persons who aren’t in your contacts list based on their phone number or email address, as well as contacts whose information you’ve previously saved. If you block contacts on your iPhone, you will not be able to contact them.
If you want to see who has blocked, you can view the blocked contact list on your iPhone. Then try to view the blocked contacts from the phone app:
- Tap the Settings menu on your iPhone’s home screen to launch it.
- Scroll to the bottom and select “Phone.”
- Tap “Blocked Contacts” in the “Call Silencing and Blocked Contacts” list to check which contacts are listed.
Seeing the blocked contacts on your iphone for facetime. Follow the steps from below:
- On your phone’s home screen, go to Settings, then scroll down to FaceTime.
- To view the list of blocked contacts, go to the “Calls” menu and select “Blocked Contacts.”
Seeing blocked contacts on your iphone for messages. Follow the steps:
- Navigate to the Settings app from your phone’s home screen, then scroll down and hit “Messages.”
- To see your list, look for the “Block Contacts” option under the SMS/MMS menu and press it.
Seeing blocked contacts on your iphone for mail. Follow the steps from the below:
- Tap the Settings app icon on your iPhone’s home screen to launch it.
- To view your list of blocked email contacts, touch “Mail,” then scroll down to the Threading section and hit “Blocked.”
At last, let us see what happens when you block a number on your iphone: It has come to this: you are blocking a phone number. Your iPhone doesn’t care if you’re blocking an ex-boyfriend, a spam caller, your crazy aunt, or any other phone number; it will just remove that contact from your contact list. At least in terms of text messages, phone calls, and FaceTime. Blocking a number on an iPhone does not prevent the individual from contacting you via third-party applications such as Facebook, WhatsApp, or Instagram, but it does create a barrier between you and the iPhone’s major modes of communication.
I hope, this article is helpful for you. If you want to share something related feel free to reach us in the comment section below.