Learn about How to Update Airpods 2 Firmware Without iPhone, how to tell what version you’re on, and how to update your AirPods in this post. All three generations of AirPods (the original, AirPods with the wireless charging case, and AirPods Pro) are covered here.
How to See If You Need the Firmware Update
The ability to determine if an AirPods firmware update is necessary requires access to a supported iOS device. Do as directed if you possess one:
- AirPods can be paired with an iOS device such as an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Access the gadget’s configuration menu.
- Go to the “General” tab in the preferences.
- Then click the About tab.
- Pick out your AirPods (near the bottom of this screen).
- Take note of the firmware version.
- Find the most recent update for your AirPods or AirPods Pro by searching the web with this phrase.
- You need update your firmware if it is older than the current version.
Way1: How to update airpods 2 firmware without iPhone
Here’s how to find out what version of AirPods software you’re using and how to upgrade it:
- AirPods may be charged by placing them in their charging case, plugging in the case, and keeping it close to your iOS or macOS device.
- Tap the I icon next to your AirPods.
- Scroll down to the About section. The Version line tells you what version of the AirPods firmware you’re using. (For previous models or earlier versions of the iOS, you may need to tap on the name of your AirPods and then check for the Firmware Version line.)
- The update can be forced to be installed if you believe there is an accessible update.
Important: In contrast to iOS, there is no on-screen prompt to upgrade the AirPods’ firmware. Why? Because Apple forbids its customers from installing this update. However, if a new version of the AirPods’ firmware is released, it is downloaded and installed automatically.
Way2: How to update airpods 2 firmware without iPhone manually
A manual update can be attempted. If there is a firmware update for your AirPods, it will be installed automatically after you follow the steps below.
- Place the AirPods into the charging case.
- To charge the case, plug it into an outlet.
- The AirPods and their case should be within easy reach of your iPhone at all times.
Google Pixel Buds Pro vs AirPods Pro: Which one wins!!
Reset Airpods Within Minutes: Reasons Why Airpods Won’t Reset Properly
How to Connect Airpods to Laptop With Apple, Non- Apple device
Q1: Do AirPods Need to Be Updated?
Yes, AirPods do need updates. Apple does not release new AirPods firmware versions nearly as frequently as it does with iOS and the iPhone, and updating them is not as simple. Some electronic devices rely on firmware, a type of software, to work properly. Think about firmware as being like the operating system for devices like AirPods. New updates of the AirPods software bring improvements, bug fixes, and enhanced functionality to Apple’s wireless earbuds in much the same way that new versions of the iOS bring these things to the iPhone.
Q2: How do I update my AirPods’ firmware without an iPhone?
If you don’t own an iPhone or have access to one, you may still upgrade the AirPods’ software using an iPod, iPad, Mac, or MacBook. You can charge your AirPods by placing them in their case, plugging in the case, and keeping it close to your iOS or macOS device. Updates for your AirPods should download automatically.
Q3: How do I update my AirPods from an Android device?
The AirPods cannot be updated on an Android device at this time. If you need to upgrade your AirPods but don’t have access to an Apple device, a trusted friend or family member is your best bet for getting the job done.