What Is Google Docs?
For those unfamiliar with Google Docs, it is a hugely popular word processor from Google that offers complete web-based functionality. This enables simple remote collaborations between multiple users while also providing a variety of ways for them to interact and share ideas. Many students use Google Docs, which is why it has a useful drawing tool built right in. Create custom drawings, infographics, graphs, and charts with this tool. It can also be used to edit existing drawings and infographics. The draw tool in Google Docs can be used in several ways.
See also: How To Use Google Docs Offline When You’re On The Move
Fundamental of Shapes on Google Docs
Depending on your requirements and needs, you can approach a shape in Google Docs in a variety of ways. In this section, we’ll look at some fundamental shapes and how to draw on Google Docs.
Google Docs now includes Google Drawings, allowing you to create complex infographics and illustrations within any document. This integration, however, has some limitations. For beginners, mobile users are not able to use this integration. So, if you want to make illustrations on your phone or tablet, you’re out of luck. Second, although it is necessary, Drawings do not currently support stylus or pen input.
A graphics tablet, on the other hand, will not be able to help you sketch out your ideas or illustrate them. The iPad Pro with Apple Pencil and the Surface Book with the Surface Pen are two examples of this. Both of these devices, as well as a similar one scan, use the touch input from their styluses in conjunction with the ‘Scribble’ tool in Google Docs to allow users to sketch in the document. You won’t get pressure sensitivity or any other fancy features, but it will get the job done when it is necessary. You should be aware of the limitations of drawing in Google Docs now that you understand what they are. Here’s how to get started.
There are primarily two ways to draw on Google Docs. You’ll learn how to draw on Google Docs in two different ways. After reading this article, you will be able to create any type of drawing in Google Docs on both your desktop and smartphone. Both methods rely on one tool, the drawing tool, and both methods rely on the drawing tool. However, there are two methods: one is direct and the other is indirect.
We can use the drawing tool that is available in Google Docs in a direct way. However, in comparison to the Specific drawing tool, the drawing tool available in Google Docs has fewer features. Word art, shapes, diagrams, borders, charts, and image editing are just a few of the features available.
The indirect method is the second method. Because we won’t be drawing in Google Docs in the second method. We use Google Drawings, which is a diagramming software that is available as a web-based application. All of the features that are available in any drawing application are available in Google Drawings.
Let’s look at the first and most basic method in one paragraph. To open drawing tool windows in Google Docs, go to the Insert tab and select Drawing>New from the drop-down menu. The drawing tool comes with a variety of options and tools to help you draw whatever you want. In Google Drawings, you can also make charts, draw on an image, and make any type of word art. However, if you want to create a chart in WordPress, for example, you’ll need a WordPress tables plugin.
This is a short paragraph that will teach you how to draw on Google Docs using the drawing tool. However, this is merely a method by which you are aware of how we can draw in Google Docs. In the following sections of this article, you will learn how to draw in Google Docs in a step-by-step manner.
You’ll also learn how to edit images and how to use the tools of the drawing tool, among other things.
See also: Dropbox Paper: An alternative to Google Docs, Pages, and Evernote
How to Use Google Drawings on Google Docs
The best version is Google Drawings, which is available in Google Docs. In Google Docs, it’s known as the Drawing tool. However, in the comparison of Google Drawings web-based software, we get a few features and tools in Google Docs. The features available in Google Docs’ Drawing tool is sufficient to create a drawing for any document.
We require WordArt, flowcharts, and document borders to be drawn in the document. The good news is that we can create all of these types of drawings using Google Docs’ Drawing tool. So, in this way, we’ll learn everything there is to know about drawing in Google Docs’ drawing tool.
To use the drawing tool in Google Docs, follow these steps:-
- To start, go to Google Docs and open the document where you want to draw.
- Now, in the upper menu bar, select the ‘Insert’ tab.
- Select the ‘Drawing’ option from the drop-down menu.
- To make a new drawing in the drawing tool, select the ‘New’ option.
- The Drawing tool’s window has appeared. If this is the case, simply repeat the steps carefully.
Steps to Draw in Google Docs’ Drawing Tool
The drawing tool in Google Docs has some features and functions, such as line and shape tool options. You can create different types of drawing in the drawing tool with the help of these two tools. As a result, we’ve listed the names, descriptions, and applications of these tools below.
To create the drawing, you can use the line tool to create 7 different types of lines:-
- The simple line tool is the first line. You can draw a simple line with this tool. To draw a simple line, select the line tool, then left-click and drag it onto the drawing tool’s canvas.
- The ‘Arrow’ line is now the second line. When you click the down arrow on the line tool, a drop-down menu appears. To use it, simply select the second line of an arrow. To make an arrow, simply left-click and drag it.
- Select the third line of the Elbow connector by using the line tool’s down arrow. As it joins one box to another, this line is used to create flowcharts. To make it, the procedure is the same.
- Curved Connect’s fourth line should be selected. The line also served as a link between the two boxes. It can also be used for other types of drawings. Create it to put it into practice.
- This list’s fifth line is curved. This line is used to draw curved lines in the drawing tool, as the name implies. Chose the fifth line with the down arrow of the line tool and the name Curved. You can easily create a curved line with the help of this line.
- The sixth line tool is Polyline. Select it, and then use this tool to make any shape you want. With the help of this line tool, you can also make 3D shapes.
- Last but not least, there’s the Scribble. Simply select it and create any type of shape or drawing you want. You can also use it to make a sketch.
In Google Docs, You Can Use Shape Tools to Create Drawings.
The shape is the second feature in Google Docs’ drawing tool. There are four different types of shapes in the shape tool. To learn more about the shape tools, read the following points. A drop-down menu appears when you click on the shape tool icon.
There are 4 different types of shapes available in this drop-down menu. Any of them can be used to make your drawing more creative:-
- The first tool is the Shapes tool, which is divided into three sections. Below are descriptions of all three sections.
- In the first section of the Shapes tool, you’ll find various types of rectangles.
- The second section of the shapes tool contains all of the geometric shapes.
- A flowchart is the third section in the shapes tool that will help you create flowcharts in Google Docs’ drawing tool.
- The Shape tool’s second tool is ‘Arrows.’ You’ll find a variety of arrow shapes in the Arrows section. This is also used to create graphs.
- The ‘Call outs’ tool is the third in a two-part list of Shape tools. So, let’s take a look at these two sections.
- The shapes of explosions, stars, ribbons, scrolls, and waves are available in the first section. You can use them to make amazing drawings.
- The shapes of Callouts are covered in the second section.
- The fourth and final Shape tool in the list is ‘Equation,’ which allows you to create equation shapes such as plus and minus.
Read also: How to Bypass Google Account Verification After Reset on Samsung?
How to Draw and Insert Drawings From Google Drawings in Google Docs
Now we will learn how to draw a drawing and then easily insert it into Google Docs. We use Google Drawings, a web-based diagramming software, in the same way, that Google Docs is a web-based word processor. To learn how to insert a drawing created on Google Drawings into Google Docs, follow the steps below.
Google Drawings is a drawing tool that is similar to the one found in Google Docs. Google Docs’ drawing tool is a stripped-down version of Google Drawings. In Google Drawings, we get some additional features and capabilities. Simply follow the steps outlined below.
The following are the steps to drawing in Google Drawings:-
- Open Google Drawings on your laptop first. Google Drawings can be found at https://docs.google.com/drawings/, which you can copy and paste into another tab of your browser.
- With the help toolbar available in Google Drawings, you can draw whatever you want. Simply add the lines, shapes, text boxes, and images as needed. And with their assistance, make a drawing.
- To make a flowchart in Google Drawings, go to Insert > Diagram > Flowchart.
- To insert the word art, go to the Insert tab, then Word art, and then create the word art like a pro.
- If you want to create and finish your drawing, start with a chart or table.
- Now save it to your Google Drive account.
To insert the drawing in Google Docs, follow these steps:-
- To begin, open the Google Docs document into which you want to insert the Google Drawings drawing.
- Now, from the menu bar, select the insert tab.
- Then select Drawing from the drop-down menu.
- Select From Drive from the short menu.
- Select the drawing you want to insert by clicking on it.
- Then, to insert the drawing in Google Docs, click the select button.
- A new window will appear; simply select the Linked Source and then press the Insert button.
- Your drawing has been successfully inserted.
- To insert any drawing in Google Docs, follow the steps in the previous section.
Hit your views and likes to the article if you find it useful. Read such interesting articles by clicking the links provided in the article.