For gamers, Discord is a fantastic social app. Joining different groups and channels gives you the opportunity to meet other gamers who are equally invested in certain games.
While users have tried to uninstall discord on any device, multiple attempts of have failed to remove the application, which elicited many complaints. Many times, Discord is uninstalled from a PC, but it stays in some unknown place on the computer. In the event that users attempt to remove Discord, the PC refuses, saying that the file is no longer in that place.
Use this guide if you’re in the similar situation. Solve this issue using the following answers and you should be able to quickly get an answer and uninstall discord on any device
When Might People Face Troubles Removing Discord
- Even if the app’s files, directories, and registry keys were deleted, Discord continues to launch by default.
- You will not find Discord in the uninstaller’s applications list for Windows.
- You will need to relocate Discord before you can empty the Recycle Bin.
- Even after you remove the application, you will still see all of the associated files and extensions in your web browser.
During the removal, it is vital to adopt a correct approach with full stages in order to prevent these possible issues. If you’d like, please have a look at these instructions to help you get started.
Remove Discord From Windows
- Go to Windows Settings and start by clicking the Start button.
- Select the Applications option and check to see whether Discord is in the list.
- Click on the button to the right of “Are you sure you want to delete” and choose “Uninstall.”
You can also check this video tutorial below
Delete the Discord Cache
- Windows Search: enter ‘%appdata%’
- Go to the AppData Roaming folder, followed by the Discord folder.
- To remove a folder, right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’.
- Use Windows Search to search for the word “%LocalAppData%”.
- You will need to locate and remove the Discord folder.
- Check to verify whether the directories are created again before restarting the machine.
The error notice sometimes contains valuable information Since a folder or a file in it is open in another application, the action can’t be performed. Resolving this issue is as simple as opening the Task Manager and terminating any file/folder processes associated with Discord.
Also, you’ll find out more about removing the Discord Cache in our Article, “How to Clear Cache Data on Discord“
Delete Discord From the Registry
It’s time to erase all Discord keys from your registry after deleting the Discord cache.
- Go to the search box and type regedit
- Start the Registry Editor and follow this route: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Discord
- Right-click on the folder Discord and choose Delete
- Start your machine again.
System File Checker is a handy built-in tool for automatically scanning and repairing your system files by Windows 10 users.
Type the sfc/scannow command and press Enter to execute SFC, start Command Prompt as Admin.
Auto-run Disable Discord
If you do not want Discord to start immediately when you activate your device, you must deactivate the startup option. This is how it’s done:
- To open Task Manager, press “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” on your keyboard.
- Go to the “Start” tab in the toolbar at the top.
- Locate and highlight the Discord app.
- In the lower left corner of your screen, go to “Disable.”
The Discord app also allows you to deactivate the auto-run option. This is how it’s done:
- Open Discord.
- In the lower left corner of your screen, go to “User Settings.”
- Search the left sidebar for “Window Settings.”
- Switch off the “Open Discord” toggle.
That’s about it.
The next time your PC is turned on, Discord will not be launched automatically.
How to Uninstall Mac Discord
How to remove Discord on your Mac is here. Before you delete the programme, make sure it doesn’t run in the background since the removal procedure may slow down.
- To access the “Applications” folder, use “Shift + Command + A.”
- Find Discord and click on the “Applications” folder.
- Drag the app to the trash in your lower left corner
- Click on the “Empty Trash” button after you have removed it.
You haven’t finished yet. Once you have deleted Discord, any remaining cache or files must also be deleted. This is how it’s done:
- Open the Finder app.
- On the top of the toolbar, click “Go.”
- Select “Go to Folder…” on the menu.
- Type “~/Library” on the pop-up tab and click on “Go.”
- You may search for the rest of the cache in other directories. Enter “/Library/Caches” or “/Library/Application Support” in the search box.
If you discover any Discord folders, exactly like the Discord programme, click them and drag them to the trash.
Use Software for Uninstallation
You may utilise uninstaller programme if Discord is not yet deleted. This work has a lot of software.
It is simple to install and use and will erase all the disc files on your computer.
We recommend using the IOBit Uninstaller programme to delete Discord or any other application. You can remove any programme using IOBit Uninstaller software from your PC instantly.
How to Uninstall Discord on an Android Device
You may remove Discord from your Android smartphone in a few ways. Settings is the first approach. Follow the following steps to find out how:
- Go to “Settings.”
- Search the menu for “Apps.”
- Find Discord on the app list.
- Choose “Uninstall” in your screen’s upper-left corner.
- Confirm that by taping “OK”, you would want to uninstall the app.
Another method you may remove applications in your Google Play store on your Android smartphone. Here’s how this is accomplished:
- Open Google Play Store.
- In the top right corner of your screen, tap your profile image.
- Go to “Apps & Device Management.”
- Choose the tab “Installed.”
- Find Discord on the app list and touch it.
- Tap “Uninstall.”
- Confirm again by pressing “Uninstall.”
No matter whatever technique you choose; you’ll be done in any manner in a few seconds.
How to Uninstall Discord on iPhone/iPad
If you want to remove Discord from your iPhone/iPad device, here is the simplest method you may do it:
- Find Discord on your Home screen.
- Press and hold the app with your finger.
- Select “Remove App.”
- Tap “Delete App” on the pop-up menu.
- Confirm that you want to uninstall Discord by clicking “Delete.”
To remove Discord from your iPhone permanently, follow the instructions below:
- Go to “Settings.”
- Find “General” on the list of choices.
- Go down to “iPhone storage.”
- Find Discord on the list of applications and press on it.
- Select “Delete App” at the bottom of the screen.
- Confirm by pressing “Delete App” again.
Discord will vanish from your screen in a couple of seconds. If you want to reinstall the app at any time, you will need to go to the App Store to download it again.
Discord cannot be uninstalled due to damaged registry data, virus infestation, etc.
This article provides you with ways to fix this issue and to uninstall discord from different devices entirely. You also know how to deactivate the auto-run function of Discord.
Have you already removed Discord? Have you used any of the techniques mentioned here? In the comments box below, let us know.