Follow these steps to temporarily turn off real-time Microsoft Defender antivirus protection in Windows Security1. To locate Windows Security, click Start and enter that term into the search bar.
2. From the list of results, pick the Windows Security app, then navigate to Manage options under Virus & threat protection.
3. If you want to disable real-time protection, do so now. Remember that predetermined scans will proceed as usual. On the other hand, newly installed or downloaded files will not be scanned until the next scheduled scan
– It is possible to add an exclusion for a particular file or folder to prevent it from being scanned by the antivirus software. This is much more secure than disabling all antivirus software.
– Microsoft Defender will immediately disable itself if you install an antivirus product that is not made by Microsoft and is compatible with Windows.
– If you have Tamper Protection enabled, disabling Real-time protection will not work until you disable Tamper Protection first.