When you connect your Chromebook to a TV, you can have more fun and get more work done. By following the steps in this guide, you can quickly hook up your Chromebook to a TV and play it there.
Method 1 : Connecting an HDMI CableStep 1: Check the Ports
Make sure that both your Chromebook and your TV have an HDMI port. In the last few years, most TVs and Chromebooks have HDMI ports on the side or back.
Step 2: Get an HDMI Cable
Get an HDMI cable long enough to reach your Chromebook to the TV. HDMI cables are easy to find and can be bought online or almost anywhere that sells gadgets.
Step 3: Plug the HDMI Cable into the TV
– Plug one end of the HDMI cable into your Chromebook’s HDMI port.
– Plug the other end of the HDMI cable into an HDMI input port on your TV.
Step 4: Choose the “HDMI Input
Using the TV’s remote, go to the HDMI input channel that matches the port your Chromebook is plugged into. Most TVs have more than one HDMI port, so be sure to pick the right one.
Step 5: Change the Display Settings
– Click the clock in the lower right corner of your Chromebook’s screen.
– Then, click on the gear icon to get to the Settings menu.
– Find the “Display” button and click on it.
– From there, you can change the display settings to your liking, such as making the screen bigger or smaller or reflecting it.
Method 2: Chromecast the DeviceStep 1: Acquire a Chromecast Device
Buy a Chromecast from a store you can trust. You can buy them online or in stores that sell gadgets.
Step 2: Connect the Chromecast to Your TV
– Plug the Chromecast into an HDMI port on your TV to connect it to the TV.
– Connect the Chromecast to a power source using the USB cord and power adapter that came with it.
Step 3: Set Up Chromecast on Your Chromebook
– Make sure that both your Chromebook and Chromecast are linked to the same Wi-Fi network.
– Open the Chrome browser on your Chromebook and click the three dots in the top right corner.
– Choose “Cast…” from the drop-down menu and wait for your Chromebook to find the Chromecast device.
– Once your Chromebook is found, click the sources menu and choose “Cast tab” or “Cast desktop” to mirror or extend its display.
Swipe up to Get More
Get exclusive updates, and get the latest Information