The majority of its users access the platform using a computer or web browser, however Smart TVs may also use the service. Google owns the internet TV streaming service Youtube TV. If an internet connection is available, many gadgets can take use of this choice. Due to its convenient accessibility, many users have adopted this strategy for their video streaming needs. Problems are rather prevalent, but, when they do arise.
However, most, if not all of them, have problems when the user tries to activate the streaming platform on the TV by going to Youtube.com/activate. Nothing about the programme, hardware, or even the virus is at fault here.
Users have complained that it is difficult to activate the app on different platforms. For instance, the problem with MTV activation is mtv.com/activate.
When bugs and incompatibilities come into play, it might prevent certain preferences or settings from summing up as expected. This is neither a bug or a mistake, but rather an obstacle to service activation on some gadgets. Activation for each streaming service is unique due to the wide variety of available devices. If you’re having trouble activating your Roku, try visiting tv.youtube.com/activate Roku.
Do not worry if you are unable to access the activation procedure through the activation site or YouTube smart TV choices. Detailed instructions for successfully activating YouTube TV on a variety of devices are provided below. If you follow the instructions carefully, you shouldn’t have an activation problem anymore.
Activating on Roku
- Open the home screen by pressing the home button.
- Navigate with your remote to the search option.
- Search for YouTube.
- From the list select YouTube TV.
- Press on Add channel.
- Wait for the installation.
- Hit Go to Channel.
- Inside the app, go to the Account icon in the bottom left corner.
- Press on Sign in.
- Next, enter your account information.
- Once you see the activation code appearing, rote it down somewhere.
- After that, access Youtube.com/activate via computer or mobile device and write the code.
- Press Next.
- You need to enter the code on the YouTubeTV activate page via web browser on the computer or mobile device and then log in to the Google account once asked.
- Finally, Youtube will be activated on your Roku device. You should see the page refreshing as you are given access.
Activating YouTube on Kodi
- Launch the device.
- Locate the Add-ons tab in the left-side list, then select it.
- Click on the opened box icon from the same left-hand side menu.
- Once the menu opens up, select Install from repository.
- Choose Video add-ons.
- Now you need to locate YouTube in the list of available add-ons.
- Select it and press Install.
- Open YouTube.
- Once the app is opened, tap on Sign in, and a code will appear on your screen. Make a note of it.
- Now access Youtube.com/activate from your computer or mobile device, then enter the activation code.
- Press Next, then proceed with the activation.
Activating on Xbox
- Open the Microsoft Store on Xbox.
- Search for YouTube and install, then open it with Launch.
- Once inside the app, navigate to Sign in, and select it.
- A code should appear on your screen; note it somewhere at hand.
- Access Youtube.com/activate from your personal computer or mobile device and input your activation code.
- Proceed with activation.
- Now YouTube should be activated on your Xbox console.
Activating YouTube on Apple TV
- Using your remote, navigate to the Home screen.
- Search for the App Store, then select it.
- Search for YouTube and press on Get to install the app.
- Open it and Sign in.
- Save the code that appears.
- Open Youtube.com/activate from your computer or mobile device, then insert the code.
- Click the Next button and insert the correct activation code.
- You should see how the YouTube app reloads on your Apple TV is activated.