Alexa flashing yellow light? Nothing to bother! Different coloured lights like red, blue, orange etc. on your Echo device indicated some of the special tasks done by them. Same as if a flashing yellow light appears on your Echo device which means that you have got a notification or a message from an Alexa contact service.
If you want to know how to manage the yellow light problem, then just go through the information listed below.
Table of Contents
Alexa Flashing Yellow Light
When you see a blinking yellow light then it indicates that you have got messages in your inbox which is not been read yet. The messages that can get appeared in your Amazon inbox might be from a salesperson as an update or a successful delivery notification from Amazon for any product related to your order.
There are several advantages of the yellow light here:
- You will get notifications of your product that has been shipped
- You will be informed that the product is delivered. It is safe even delivered to your doorstep.
- People who are not able to receive it physically can get the information via the light and can read the message to inform someone to get it safe.
- You’re order details if you forgot can be saved to go through further.
- Everyone is in a hurry and forgets about orders and transactions too or the billing status. It is basically for these busy people only to get them safe delivery of the products.
There are so many advantages but still, if you want to remove this feature then you have to follow the below information.
How Can I Stop the Blinking Yellow Light?
When you wish that the Alexa activated device must stop flashing yellow light, then ask Alexa to read those unread messages. Now if the message is related to delivery then Alexa will tell you the message as the order is delivered. In case the message is in the inbox then she will read the complete message.
Even if you see the blinking yellow light, the following can be suggested for you:
- Say to Alexa, “What all notifications do I have?”
- Or Say, “What messages do I have?”
- Next just update your settings of notifications in the Alexa app.
Well, we know that by using the Alexa app to transact with the text messages i.e sending and receiving messages. You can go through those also via the Alexa activated app.
Can I Deactivate Alexa’s Blinking Yellow Feature?
The answer to the question is Yes and with the following:
- Move to the Alexa app on your iPhone or Android and select it to open.
- Press the three-dotted lines at the top left side.
- Select Settings.
- Select Device Settings.
- Now select your device and then choose Communications.
- Press the toggle beside Communications to make it grey. That means it’s off for the device.
How Can I Off the Notifications on Alexa?
Even though after reading the messages by Alexa, the yellow light disappeared but if you do not want to listen and see, then go through the points to make the notifications off:
- First, go to the Alexa app on your phone or Alexa enabled device.
- Flip and open the More menu option and select settings.
- Choose notifications and Amazon shopping.
- Now from this point, you can make the communication off or as we discussed above the delivery notifications toggle off.
Will Updating Alexa App Will Help to Fix the Yellow Light Problem?
Now here is one of the different cases, if the yellow light doesn’t vanish even after reading the messages, then what to do? How to fix it? Then as we know there is a solution to all the problems, the only thing that we have to do is to search for it.
So, if we want to fix the problem of the yellow light then try to update your Alexa app. It might help to fetch your target.
Updating Alexa App
Before you start with the process just confirm that is this the first time you are updating your Alexa app or when did you do it last time after getting notifications. Now if you are still working with the old version of the app then it might create some issues. But to check for your updated Alexa version, you have to continue with the following:
- Click on the Alexa app to open.
- Then navigate and select Menu then choose settings and after About.
- Now you can visualize the whole data about the latest version of the app and show the Update option to update it too.
- Select and download the updated version of Alexa.
Now just check again the notifications or messages to see the yellow light disappeared or not.
I tried my best to provide you with a piece of detailed information about Alexa Flashing Yellow Light. If you want to share something related with us and our 1lakh followers, feel free to share with us in the comment section. Also, if you have any queries you can ask us in the comment section below