When trying to run a certain program on Windows 10 or other versions of the OS, users often get the error “VCRUNTIME140 1.dll was not found.” VCRUNTIME140 1.dll is a file that works like VCRUNTIME140.dll. It is a Dynamic Link Library file. Several applications use it to run certain commands or code. Even though the file is not part of Windows, most third-party program need it to work well.
Table of Contents
What is Error VCRUNTIME140 1.dll Missing?
The VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found is a serious error that can cause the program to stop working. This.dll means that the system either can’t access the code in the file or can’t find the file. This error happens because the system can’t figure out how to handle the code.
Causes of Error VCRUNTIME140 1.dll Missing
We were able to find and list the most common reasons for the “VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing” error.
The File VCRUNTIME140.dll Has Been Lost or Broken
The main cause of this error is that a key.dll file that an application needs to run has been deleted. You can’t start the apps you want to use if you don’t have that file, so you need to restore it or download it again.
There is a Bug in Adobe’s Creative Cloud
Adobe Creative Cloud’s problem has been fixed. The problem began when they switched from Microsoft runtimes to Visual C++.
Visual Studio 2015 Has Files That Are Broken or Missing
The VCRUNTIME140.dll file is linked to Visual Studio 2015. It could be missing from your computer or broken by an app, your system, or malware.
Your Computer Has Malware on It
Your computer might have a virus or some other type of bad software (called “malware“). Because of this, VCRUNTIME140.dll might have become corrupted or broken.
System Files That Are Broken
Errors and broken system files are common, especially after resetting Windows 10 or dealing with a malicious app.
Remember that these aren’t the only reasons; you might have a different problem.
How to Fix the Error “VCRUNTIME1401.dll Missing”?
We were unable to locate VCRUNTIME140 1.dll. This error occurs if this file is missing from your computer or if the software you just installed does not contain this file in its directory. Some portions of the program may become inoperable as a result. This renders the program inoperable, and it may not even launch. Here are several solutions to the problem:
1. Obtain a Fresh Copy of the File VCRUNTIME140 1.dll
This procedure involves downloading and installing the VCRUNTIME140 1.dll file from the official website. Since this is a fresh installation, the corrupted file will be replaced or a new Windows Registry will be created if one does not already exist. Here is where the VCRUNTIME140 1.dll file may be downloaded from the official website:
- Open the zipped folder and extract the VCRUNTIME140 1.dll file.
- If you are using the 64-bit version of Windows, copy the extracted file to the following place.
- If you are running Windows 32-bit, copy and paste the extracted file to this directory.
2. Obtain the Missing DLL File From a Separate Location
As VCRUNTIME140 1.dll is utilized by various programs and is included in the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package, it is simple to duplicate it. What must be done is:
- Pressing Win + E will launch File Explorer.
- Ensure that the box labelled Hidden items is checked on the View tab.
- Now proceed to this address:
C:\\Program Files\\Windows Apps
- Here, you should search for a folder with the following name (notice that 14.0.29231.0 x64__ is a version-specific variable):
Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop 14.0.29231.0 x64 8wekyb3d8bbwe
- Open the folder for program files
- Copy the VCRUNTIME140 1.dll file by pressing Ctrl+C after locating it using the down arrow key.
- Now, navigate to the folder containing the problematic software and place the file there.
3. Reinstall the Program You Want to Run
You can try to remove and reinstall the program that won’t run because of the.dll error. This is simple to do.
- You can open the Settings app from the Start menu or Windows+I is a shortcut on the keyboard.
- Click the tile that says “Apps.”
- Find the app that’s giving you trouble and click on it once to see more options.
- Choose “Uninstall” and then follow the instructions on the screen.
- Get the software again from the official website and install it. After the reinstallation is done, you might be able to run it.
4. Uninstall and Reinstall Essential VC Runtimes
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable is a collection of files known as “Dynamic Link Libraries” (.dll files) that are required for the operation of many Windows applications. VCRUNTIME140 1.dll Missing may become corrupted or disappear from the Microsoft Visual C++ shared library on occasion. Microsoft Visual C++ is the only viable option. Follow the steps below to obtain the necessary VC Runtimes.
- To launch the Run program, hold the Windows key and press the “R” key simultaneously.
- Once the run application has been opened, type “Appwiz.cpl” followed by the enter key.
- Locate and uninstall all VC runtimes currently installed on your PC.
- Now, turn on your computer once more
- Now, we will reinstall all runtimes to ensure that everything is still functioning properly.
- After downloading the file, you will be required to “unzip” it.
- Open the folder once it has been unzipped.
- Right-click “install all.bat” and then select “Run as administrator.”
- Now, wait until all VC Runtimes have been successfully installed, and then restart your computer.
- Check if the problem is still occurring.
5. Run the SFC and DISM commands
Even if you reinstalled the program and all the runtimes and it still didn’t work. There’s a chance that some of your Windows DLL files are broken. Using Windows repair commands like SFC and DISM, you can try to fix the corruption. Here’s what to do:
- Find the command prompt using the Windows Search bar and run it as an administrator.
- Type this command and press the enter key.
- Wait until everything is finished. This will probably take a while.
- Now, turn back on your computer.
- Open the command prompt again and type the following as an administrator:
DISM /Online /Clean-Image /RestoreHealth
- Start up your computer again to see if the problem is still there.
6. Install All of the Windows Updates You Can
- Type “Updates” in the search box in Windows and press the Enter key.
- On the right, click Check for updates.
- Alter Windows.
- Wait until Windows is done setting up everything.
- Make sure you install all the available updates.
- Reboot your system.
Also Read: How to Unlock Room 302 in Warzone 2 DMZ
VCRUNTIME140 1.dll is a Dynamic Link Library file like VCRUNTIME140.dll. It is used by a number of programs to run certain commands or code. The file is not part of the Windows operating system, but it is usually needed for third-party programs to work properly.
When the file is not on the system, the error makes it impossible to start and run a program that needs it to work. Some Windows users are used to missing DLL files, which can be very frustrating and make it hard to use a Windows device.