How to Clear Cookies on Android
Are you looking for the right way to clear cookies on android? Since we have been using desktops long before Android was ever invented, we know that desktop web browsers save cookies. Similarly, when we use the browser on Android phones, it also stores data in the cookies section like search preferences, login status, etc. Such pieces of information saved in the cookies allow the browsers to load previously visited pages more quickly.
However, they can also share your personal information with third-party advertisers without any notification. Now you know how you always see promotional advertisements based on your recent searches. This can be sometimes frustrating because (I, too, believe that) nobody wants to see the same thing again and again on every site. Therefore, I prefer clearing cookies from time to time and I am going to share the steps of how to clear cookies on Android.
But first, I want to tell you what are browser cookies and site data in brief.
Have you ever seen cookies and site data in your browser settings?
Well, this is the place where certain pieces of information are stored. You can save your password or username for once, and whenever the next time you visit the browse,r it will automatically redirect you to the page without asking for passwords again. So, it becomes easy and quick. However, as time passes, more and more data add on, that is why you may feel to clear the cookies.
Also Read: How to Cancel Spotify Premium in Web Browser or Apple Settings
How to Delete Cookies on Chrome?
If you require to clear cookies of chrome on android, follow the simple steps below:
- Start Google Chrome on your Android phone and look for the 3 dots menu icon in the top right corner.
- Go into the menu and select History.
- Now select Clear Browsing Data.
- This is the place where you can select how much data you want to clear. You have the options of clearing cookies on Android: last hour, last 24 hours, last 7 days, last four weeks, and all time.
- Select the option of cookies and site data and then click on Clear data.
- It will redirect you to a pop-up, where you will see the site’s URL. Make sure if you want to delete all of them or save some.
- Finally, click on Clear. The process will clear cookies on phone.
How to Clear Cookies in Edge on Android?
So, you are a user of Microsoft edge. Well, it is good. But you are here because you don’t know how to delete cookies on your phone. So, let’s explore the easy steps that will help you clear all the cookies:
- Go to Microsoft Edge on your mobile. Look for the 3 dots menu icon in the bottom bar.
- By clicking on the three dots, you will see the option of settings.
- In the settings, go to the privacy and security section.
- Scroll down and look for the option – Clear Browsing Data.
- Select> cookies and site data and tap on the Clear button.
We have discussed the option of the time limit in Google Chrome which allows us to delete the history of the particular period. But Microsoft edge does not provide that option. So, you will have to clear it all.
Now that you know how to clear cookies on Android and tablet, decide particular time intervals in which you want to clear it. The above steps are simple and easy, but in case, I have missed anything, you can share it with me in the comment box.
Stay tuned for more tips and tricks!