A TV is the finest place to view Jackbox, a seller of party games, to experience the thrill of seeing your absurd artwork, astute wit, and inside jokes come to life. You probably already have access to one of the various ways to play a Jackbox party pack or solo game on a TV, whether you know it or not.
You’ll want to make sure the games you want to play are compatible with your smartphone before learning how to play through your TV. This will assist you in setting up play through your large screen in the best possible way. To accomplish this, just click on the game or party pack you wish to buy and scroll down to the compatibility area that is shown under the description of the game or pack. If your platform or device is mentioned, you are prepared to make a purchase.
Make sure you have a device, such as an additional iPad, computer, or smartphone, ready to log into Jackbox once you’ve completed your purchase. TV, since you’ll use it to enter your answers, create your drawings, and select the top contenders for each round.
Here is how to play Jackbox on a television.
Table of Contents
How to play Jackbox on a TV with a gaming console
If you own a Nintendo Switch, Playstation 3, 4, or 5, Xbox One, or Xbox Series S/X, these consoles all support hosting some or all of the games in the Jackbox catalog through their respective stores. Download Jackbox games to your console and, if an HDMI cable is required, connect it from your TV to your console to play — just like you would with other games.
How to play Jackbox on a TV with a streaming device
Jackbox can also be played directly on Apple TV and iPad with the app version. To play the game on your iPad, you want to mirror it to your Apple TV using AirPlay. For iPad users with Google Home, you can also cast the game on your TV through the app’s built-in mirroring tool.
Amazon Fire TV users can simply purchase the Jackbox app from Amazon and play straight from their TV, while Android TV users can also purchase the Jackbox app in the Google Play Store and start having fun through their compatible TVs.
Connect Jackbox to Your TV with an iPad
By using an iPad, you can easily mirror Jackbox to your smart TV. Let’s see how you can do this:
- Download the ‘AirPlay 2’ app on your smart TV. Make sure that your smart TV is compatible with the app.
- Once the app is downloaded, open the “Control Center” on your iPad.
- Now you have to choose your smart TV as the playback destination device.
- A passcode will appear on your TV. Note down the code and enter it on your iPad.
- Now you will be able to play Jackbox games on your iPad and mirror them on the big screen at the same time!
Stream Jackbox through Chromecast
If you have a Google Chromecast, the good news is that you can easily stream Jackbox games on your smart TV. Let’s learn how!:
- First, you need to connect your smart TV’s HDMI port with your Google Chromecast.
- You need to ensure that your TV and your Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now open the Chrome Browser and launch the Jackbox game that you want to play.
- Once the game is on the browser screen, you have to tap the three verticle dots on the right corner of the browser’s screen.
- Select the ‘Cast’ option and then choose your TV. Now the game will start streaming on your smart TV. You can follow the same method to stream Steam to Chromecast.
How to play Jackbox on a TV with a computer
The Steam, Humble, and Fanatical gaming platforms all have Jackbox available to download for PC, Mac, and Linux users. Epic Games also offers Jackbox for PC and Mac devices. Once purchased, you’ll be able to access the games from your purchase library.
To play games from these platforms on your TV, you’d just need to connect your computer to your TV with an HDMI cord, use screen-mirroring tools from AirPlay on your Mac, or cast from your Mac or PC with Chromecast.
Use HDMI to Stream Jackbox on Your TV
Another great way to stream your favorite Jacbox game on smart TV is by using the HDMI ports of your TV and PC. Let’s see how this method works:
- First, you need to download the Jackbox on your PC. If you have a Mac device, you can g to the App Store. Jackbox app is easily available on Google Playstore and Microsoft Store.
- Once the app is downloaded, you need to take an HDMI cable and connect one end to the PC HDMI port and the other to your smart TV HDMI port.
- Turn on your TV and choose the HDMI channel as your output.
- Now you will be able to play games on your PC while streaming the game on the big screen for others simultaneously!
In this article on how to play Jackbox games on your TV, we have covered several effective methods through which you can stream, cast, or mirror Jackbox games on your smart TV. By using any of the above techniques, you can play party games like they should be played!
We hope that one of the techniques listed above works for you and that you may now play your favorite games on bigger displays with better graphics and sound quality.
Q. Can I cast Jackbox to my tv?
Once purchased, you’ll be able to access the games from your purchase library. To play games from these platforms on your TV, you’d just need to connect your computer to your TV with an HDMI cord, use screen-mirroring tools from AirPlay on your Mac, or cast from your Mac or PC with Chromecast.
Q. How do you play Jackbox tv games?
Once a game is started from the in-pack menu, players simply connect to the “jackbox.tv” web address on their device and then enter the on-screen room code to enter a game. No big mess of controllers is needed!
Q. How do I mirror a game to my TV?
Plug the wireless display adapter into your TV’s HDMI port. Change the input source on your TV to the Mini2. Finally, on your mobile device, locate the wireless display application and select “ScreenBeam” from the list. Boom – you should be connected.
Q. Can you play Jackbox without a console?
Everyone can play along on their own mobile devices by using a browser and going to Jackbox.tv. If you’re having difficulty getting out of full-screen mode to get back to your video conferencing screen, go to the game’s settings in the main lobby and turn off “Full Screen Mode.”