Instagram has become a popular way to share photos, keep in touch with friends, and help companies in this digital age. But you might want to take your email off Instagram sometimes. This post will show you how to remove your email address from your Instagram account. You can do this in a number of ways, whether you’re worried about privacy or just want to clean up your email.
Table of Contents
How to Remove Email From Instagram?
Method 1: Updating Email Settings
First, you can change your email settings right in the Instagram app. To get rid of your email, do these things:
- Open the app for Instagram. Open up the Instagram app on your phone and sign in.
- Go to where your page can be set up. Tap the button in the bottom right part of the screen that looks like a profile to go to your profile.
- Go to the settings page. To open the menu, tap the three straight lines in the top right part of the screen. There, click “Settings.”
- Open the settings for your account. Scroll down and tap “Account” to get to the settings for your account.
- Change how email is set up. Tap “Email” in the “Privacy and Security” area to change how your email works.
- Remove the Email. Tap where your email address should be, then delete it. If asked, say “yes” to getting rid of it.
If you do these things, you can get rid of your email account from your Instagram account.
Method 2: Changing Email via Facebook
You can change your email address on Facebook if your Facebook account is tied to your Instagram account. This is how:
- Open Facebook Settings. Open the app, and then go to your account to sign in.
- Go to “General” settings. Tap the button with three horizontal lines in the upper right part of the screen to bring up the menu.
- Scroll down, click on “Settings & Privacy,” and then click on “Settings.”
- Go to the Email page. Choose “Email” from the “Settings” page to get to your email settings.
- Change your email. Tap “Primary Email” and then type in your new address. Save your changes.
- Update Instagram Settings. Go back to the Instagram app and use Method 1 to change your email settings. Your new Facebook email address will be used right away.
Method 3: Contacting Instagram Support
You can ask Instagram Support for help if you can’t delete your email from Instagram or if you have any other questions. This is how:
- If you need help, go to the Help Center. Open a web browser and go to https://help.instagram.com/ to learn how to use Instagram.
- For help, go to the page. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Help Center” there.
- Pick between privacy and safety. Click on “Privacy and Safety Center” under “How to Use Instagram.”
- Fill out the form to get help. Click “Report Something” in the Privacy and Safety Center and then “Something Isn’t Working.”
- Talk about it with Instagram. Scroll down and click “Email us” to immediately contact Instagram Support. Tell them what’s going on and ask them for help deleting your email.
- Instagram Support will look at your request and tell you how to fix the problem with your email getting deleted.
Method 4: Creating a New Instagram Account
You can make a new account if you want to start over or just stop using your email address with Instagram. But it’s important to know that if you make a new account, you won’t be able to see your old posts, followers, and other account information. Be careful and back up any important information before you go any further. Here’s how to get an Instagram account:
- Log Out. If you are already signed in to Instagram, go to your profile, tap the three horizontal lines in the top right corner, scroll down, and click “Log Out.”
- Sign up to start. Tap “Sign Up” on the screen where you log in to start making a new account.
- Type in the requested details. Give your chosen email address (preferably a new one), make a unique nickname, and set a strong password for your new account.
- Sign up for something. Follow the steps on the screen to finish signing up. For example, you can add a picture of yourself and change your account settings to make them your own.
- Adjust Privacy Settings. To keep your information safe, go to the “Personal” button, tap the three horizontal lines, choose “Settings,” and then “Privacy.” You can choose how private you want to be from there.
By making a new Instagram account with a different email address, you can start over while still having control over your email settings and privacy.
Method 5: Deactivating or Deleting Your Instagram Account
If you want to stop using Instagram for good, you can either turn off your account or delete it. When you deactivate your account for a short time, other users can’t see who you are. When you remove your account, Instagram will stop keeping any information about you. Don’t forget that you can’t change what you’ve done, so be careful. Here’s how to quit Instagram and get rid of your account:
- With a Web browser, you can go to Instagram. Open your computer’s online browser or the one on your phone and go to www.instagram.com.
- Sign in and go to your account settings. Enter your login information and click on the person icon in the top right part of the screen. From the menu that drops down, choose “Settings.”
- Account Management. Scroll down to the bottom of the “Settings” page and click “Account Management.”
- Click “Temporarily Disable Account” or “Delete Your Account” in the “Account Information” area, depending on what you want to do.
If you decide to delete your Instagram account, all of your pictures, videos, friends, messages, and other information will be gone for good. We can’t go back on this choice.
Even if you remove your Instagram account or turn it off, Instagram will still have your email address on file. But it stops people on the train from seeing you.
You can quickly delete your Instagram email by changing it in the app’s settings or on Facebook if the two accounts are linked. If you’re having problems with Instagram, you can call Instagram Support for help.
First of all, changing your email settings right in the Instagram app is simple and easy. You can change the email box in your account settings to remove your email address from your Instagram page.
If your Instagram account is tied to your Facebook account, you can also change your email address on Facebook, and the change will happen right away on your Instagram account.
You can turn off certain email alerts in the Instagram settings if you want to get fewer emails. If you change how you want to get information, you can get less news without giving up your email address.
People who want to start over or get rid of their old Instagram accounts can do so by making a new account with a different email address. But if you make a new account, it’s important to know that you won’t be able to see your old posts, followers, and other account details.
Don’t forget to check your account settings often to make sure your privacy and preferences are set up the way you want. You can make your Instagram account easier to use and get more out of it by changing the email settings.