HTC introduced the latest extreme reality Headset HTC VIVE XR Elite which is announced by CES 2023 of worth $1099 US dollars. This Headset has pair of an adjustable immersive lens through which users can experience more interactivity between real and virtual view of their real-world environment.
Features And Specifications Of The HTC VIVE XR Elite
HTC VIVE XR elite is a versatile device that can be connected to PC and PCVR games with a VIVE port and streaming as well. It is a light-weighted device which has 625g weight, included a Lightweight and quickly rechargeable 26.6Wh battery(charged via USB- C) and its durability is up to 15 hours. It has removable and hot-swappable battery.
The device has built-in diopter dials in order to adjust lens and optimizes focus which enables users to use the headset glasses-free.
The device has a Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ XR2 processor, and a combined Resolution display of 3840*1920 pixels and 1920*1920 pixels per eye, a 110-degree diagonal field of view, and a 90Hzrefresh rate. Moreover, for echo cancellation embedded speakers are designed with Dual integrated microphones.
Other features of this device are included sensors, inputs, and storage. It has different sensors such as 4x tracking cameras, 16 MP RGB camera, Depth sensor, G-sensor, Gyroscope, Proximity sensor, and controller sensors e.g. Hall sensors on Trigger and Grip buttons Capacitive sensors on Trigger, a Joystick, and Thumb-rest area. Various inputs of this device such as the Ergonomic Grip button, Analog Trigger button, System / Menu buttons, AB / XY buttons, Joystick. The storage and memory of this headset are 120 GB and 12 GB respectively. Also, has Bluetooth 5.2 + BLE and Wi-Fi 6 + 6E connectivity.
Minimum Requirements To Run The HTC VIVE XR Elite
The processer of your device could be Core i5-340T 3.3 GHz, coupled with a compatible Graphic card such as GeForce GTX 780, Radeon HD 6990, and RAM of the device lies between 4 GB to 6 GB. Moreover, Windows 7 64-bit, operating system is required to access HTC VIVE XR elite.
Make sure your graphics processing Units can run DirectX 11.00 otherwise HTC VIVE headset is not connected with your device.
The Types Of Games And Applications That Are Available For The HTC VIVE XR Elite
HTC VIVE XR elite is available for numerous survival, action, and adventurous games for users. The list of various games which are available with HTC XR is disclosed by Wikipedia.
Comparison of The HTC VIVE XR Elite To Other Virtual Reality Headset Meta Quest Pro
The competitor of the HTC VIVE XR Elite is Meta Quest Pro; the weight of the Meta device is 722g which is more than XR Elite. However, The HTC VIVE XR Elite is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon XR2 processor and the Meta Quest Pro has a slightly better processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon XR2+. The VIVE XR Elite has a resolution per eye of 1920 x 1920, whereas the Quest Pro has an 1800 x 1920 resolution display. Nevertheless, displays of both devices support a refresh rate of 90 Hz.
The storage and RAM of the Meta Quest Pro win by a small margin. The HTC headset has a storage capacity of 128 GB and 12 GB of RAM while the Quest Pro boasts 256 GB of storage and 12 GB of RAM.HTC VIVE XR Elite device is more comfortable than Meta Quest Pro.
How To Change The Display Settings of headset HTC VIVE XR Elite
Display settings are set automatically according to the capabilities of your graphics card. These settings prioritize higher resolution by default. However, You can change display settings manually as per your needs.
- Open the VIVE Console app from your computer.
- Then select Display settings by following the Settings option.
- Click the Auto On/Off box to enable/disable auto settings.
These steps are for reference only, and are used to set the display settings of VIVE PRO 2 available on the official website. As of now, the Settings of HTC VIVE Elite XR are not disclosed by VIVE support.
Customer Reviews And Ratings Of The HTC VIVE XR Elite
HTC VIVE XR elite headset is announced by CES 2023 on 5 Jan 2023 with the price of $1099 US dollars for pre-booking only, and a device will be delivered by late February 2023. Therefore, positive and negative reviews are not given by the customers yet.
As the CNET channel posted a video on YouTube regarding this device where they described the features, and design to their followers. In the comment section, we read that people are extremely excited about this XR Device.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What Are The Minimum System Requirements For Using The HTC VIVE XR Elite?
List of the Minimum system requirements are:
- Processor Intel Core i5-4590/AMD FX 8350 equivalent / better Intel Core i5-4590/AMD FX 8350
- Graphic Processing Units like NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, AMD Radeon RX 480 equivalent or better NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, AMD Radeon R9 290
- Memory 4 GB RAM or more than 4 GB RAM
- Video output HDMI 1.4, DisplayPort 1.2 or newer
- USB port 1x USB 2.0 or newer
- Operating system of Windows 7 SP1, or Windows 8.1 or later, or Windows 10
Is The HTC VIVE XR Elite Comfortable To Wear For Extended Periods Of Time?
HTC VIVE XR elite headset is a comfortable device because it’s a lightweight device, and the battery is placed at the back head which not eradicates the weight on the face but also helps to balance the weight of the lens and battery. Thus, the user can wear this device for many hours.
How Do You Set Up And Calibrate The HTC VIVE XR Elite?
All the information regarding the steps to set up the HTC VIVE XR elite will be updated soon. The official information is available yet on its official site.
Are There Any Special Maintenance Or Cleaning Requirements For The HTC VIVE XR Elite?
Activity Space should be clean and your HTC VIVE XR elite System should be used indoors. Always clear your activity space of objects before putting on your headset. Be sure you are comfortable with the space, you might hit with your arms outstretched, and also check overhead for hazards for instance ceiling fans and light fixtures.
- As with other gaming and media products, your HTC VIVE XR elite headset is sensitive electronic equipment. Therefore, you should clean your headset properly, store it safely, and keep it out of spots that might damage your device.
- Keep your device out of direct sunshine and keep it away from sharp objects or heat sources or liquids as well.
- Keep the charging points dry and clean, and free of debris, including the charging port and contacts, headphone jack, and cables and docks. Regularly check all the charging points to ensure that they do not show any signs of corrosion or damage.
- The front cover window and lenses should only be cleaned with a dry cloth of microfiber. If you use any liquids, including cleansers or soaps, could permanently damage the front cover window and the lenses as well.
- Non-abrasive antibacterial wipes and non-alcohol wipes can be used to clean the body of your headset excluding the front body and the lenses.
- Do not leave your headset near pets and children.
How Can Users Stay Up To Date On The Latest Updates And News Related To The HTC VIVE XR Elite?
The official website of VIVE is a good source to stay up to date about this device. Moreover, once the device will deliver to users then we will update you about the reviews, and how you will get technical assistance regarding this headset.
Are There Any Additional Accessories Available In The Box Of the HTC VIVE XR Elite?
The Box of HTC VIVE XR elite includes the VIVE XR headset, Battery cradle, Controller (L), Controller (R), Lanyards x 2, Microfiber Pouch, Top Strap, Type-C to Type-C Cable, Type-A to Type-C Cable x 2, Lens, Protection Card, Documentation (QSG / Safety Guide / Warranty Card).