Ps4 slim VS ps4 pro – Which is better to buy in 2022?
I know it’s quite confusing for you to decide if you should go with PS4 Pro or PS4 Slim. Both versions of the PlayStation console serve different purposes. To sort this out, you can analyze PS4 slim Vs PS4 Pro and pick the most suitable one for you.
Today, I am going to show you the comparison between PS4 pro slim that will help you decide what you should buy.
So, without taking much time, let’s explore the pros and cons of PlayStation’s versions.
PlayStation 4 was first launched in 2013 when only the original version was available in the market. Later, the company Sony released two upgraded versions of PS4. These two versions are PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro.
Now, you have 3 different versions of PlayStation to choose from. All of them are slightly different from one another. This makes it difficult to pick the best one for you.
Which is better PS4 Slim or PS4 Pro?
By looking into the pros and cons of PS4 Pro and PS4 slim, you can decide which one is better for you.
Pros of PS4 Slim:
- If we talk about efficiency, I would say PS4 slim is more efficient in comparison to the pro model.
- The compact size of the PS4 slim is perfect enough to place it next to your TV or monitor on your desk. You will not have to clear the extra space for this.
- In the smaller box, you can enjoy the power of a classic PS4. As the firmware has been updated, the PS4 slim supports HDR. Therefore, 1080p is the maximum image resolution that PS4 slim offers. This resolution perfectly supports most standard TVs and monitors. However, this version lacks performance mode.
Cons of PS4 Slim:
- The minus point of PS4 slim is that it does not support 4K resolution.
Pros of PS4 Pro:
- When you look into the PS4 Pro qualities, you will see that it already supports HDR. Therefore, PS4 offers better graphics.
- While PS4 slim does not support 4K resolution, PS4 Pro supports it. This version offers 4X sharper quality. The image quality of the PS4 is amazing. It offers two times extra computing power that supports new and older games in 4K quality. If you are using an HDR-compatible display, the images in the PS4 Pro will feel real. Unlike PS4 slim, PS4 Pro supports performance mode.
- PS4 Pro offers a 60 FPS maximum refreshing rate of frames. This count means 30 more than the slim version.
Cons of PS4 Pro
- The minus point of PS4 Pro is that it consumes more power than PS4 slim and PS4 original model.
- Because of the hardware in the console, PS4 Pro is bigger than the PS4 slim which means it takes more space in height, width, and length.
|PS4 Pro||PS4 Slim|
|Size||Large size||Smaller size|
|Maximum image quality||4K + HDR||1080p + HDR|
|Power consumption and temperature||Max ~155W – 42C (4K)||Max ~80W (1080p)|
|Maximum frame rate per second||60 fps||30 fps|
Both, PS4 Pro and PS4 Slim have their own positive and negative points. If you are looking for a model that consumes less space, you can surely opt for PS4 Slim. But if you are looking for the PS4 version that offers you 4K resolution, PS4 Pro is the best choice for you. I have shared the true comparison of Ps4 slim vs ps4 pro in this article. I hope you have made your choice.
Share in the comment section which PS4 model is best for you!