Microsoft Excel is a powerful spreadsheet program that many people use to organize and examine data. Excel has a lot of features and functions that let people change and look at a lot of data. But it can be hard to work with big numbers sometimes.
So, ChatGPT comes into play. ChatGPT is a language model that can make it a lot easier for Excel users to look at data and work with it. In this post, we’ll talk about some of the ways you can use ChatGPT in Excel.
Ways in Which We Can Use ChatGPT in Excel!
The ChatGPT (Chat Generative Pre-trained Transformer), which was made by OpenAI, is an AI robot. It can help you get more done in the office if you are an accountant, a finance analyst, a manager, an administrator, or any other type of corporate worker.
We will talk about the most helpful things that ChatGPT can do for you in Excel. You won’t believe how easy and quick it is to use ChatGPT to do twice as much work in your Excel office.
Also Read: How To Use Bing AI Chatgpt? Let’s Check!
Generating Random Data
Making random data is one of the most usual things to do in Excel. ChatGPT can help you make numbers, words, and even whole lines that are completely random. To make random data in Excel with ChatGPT, open a new sheet and put the code below into any cell: =CHATGPT(“Generate a number at random between 1 and 100”). When you press enter, ChatGPT will make up a number between 1 and 100. This can be done with words, lines, or even whole pages.
Making sure the material is clean is part of studying it. ChatGPT can help Excel users clean up their data by finding and getting rid of duplicates, changing text, and fixing spelling mistakes.
To get rid of duplicate data, type =CHATGPT(“Remove duplicate data from the selected range”) into any cell. This will get rid of any information that is the same in the area you chose.
ChatGPT can help people look at data by showing them pictures and analysis of the data’s statistical patterns. For example, to make a map in Excel, type the following code into any cell: =CHATGPT(“Make a chart of the area you picked.
This will make a chart out of the data place you chose. In the same way, you can do statistical analysis on a set of data by typing =CHATGPT(“Perform a t-test on the selected data range”) into any cell. This will use the data range you chose to run a t-test and show you the results.
Also Read: Poe AI Chatbot: The Next Step in Conversational Technology!
Excel’s tool for automating tasks is very powerful and can help users save time and get more done. With ChatGPT, you can set up Excel tasks to run on their own.
To make a script in Excel, for example, type the following code into any cell: =CHATGPT(“Make a macro that makes the range you choose look like a table”). This will make a macro that makes a table out of the spot you chose.
Help and Support
Excel is a very difficult piece of software, so you may need help with some tasks or features. People can get help from ChatGPT by getting advice and answers to their questions. For example, to find out how to use the VLOOKUP function in Excel, type =CHATGPT(“How do I use the VLOOKUP function in Excel?”) into any box. This tells you everything you need to know to use the VLOOKUP function in Excel.
How to Create Formulas in Excel Using ChatGPT?
There are a few things to keep in mind when you ask ChatGPT to make formulas for you:
- It is best to tell as much as you can. Make sure that your directions are clear. If the list isn’t too long, you can copy its items and give them to the robot to get a more accurate answer.
- Make sure the numbers that ChatGPT made are written and organized correctly by checking them. If any of these is wrong, Excel will let you know.
- Always double-check the results to make sure they’re right. ChatGPT can help you work out numbers, but it can’t do everything. To make sure the method works, it is best to test it on a small amount of data first.
By keeping these things in mind, you can use the computer more effectively and with more confidence to help you get over any fears you might have about working with numbers.
How to Use ChatGPT to Automate Sending Emails ?
When you’re in charge of a big team, it can save you a lot of time to have letters sent regularly. Excel has many ways to send emails automatically, which is useful for sending the same information to a group of people over and over again.
Also, adding ChatGPT can make automating texts easier and more efficient. The best way to do this is to ask ChatGPT to make a VBA code that does what you want. This method is like what we’ve been talking about so far.
Follow these steps to set up ChatGPT so that Excel will send emails on its own:
- Make an Excel sheet with the email names of the people you want to send the email to, as well as the email’s subject and body.
- Install and set up an add-in or other tool that lets Excel talk to ChatGPT. This could be an already-made tool or one made just for you.
- Train ChatGPT on the email forms and messages you want to send, as well as the words and phrases that will cause the email to be sent.
- Create a set of rules or factors that ChatGPT can use to decide when to send an email based on the information in the Excel file. You might want ChatGPT to send an email right away when a certain cell value is met, for example.
- You can link ChatGPT to Excel by using the add-in or tool you downloaded. This will let ChatGPT automatically send emails based on the rules you set, using the data in the worksheet.
- Check ChatGPT to make sure it sends emails the right way and to the right people.
Check how well ChatGPT works and change its settings as needed to make sure it keeps sending emails well.
Also Read: Grammarly Launches Its Own Generative AI Tool “GrammerlyGo”!
ChatGPT is a powerful tool that can help Excel users make random data, clean data, analyze data, schedule jobs, and get help. These are just some of the ways you can use ChatGPT in Excel. A lot more is there. Users who use ChatGPT can save time, work faster, and get more accurate results from their data analysis.
A few days ago, OpenAI put out a public API that makes it easy for any computer game or program to add ChatGPT. There is an official Python package for the same thing, but for people who use MS Excel, there is no Excel add-in.
Since the web API is already out there, we can use it in MS Excel with VBA code. Some of the new people might not know VBA, but they might be able to use Excel Macros. VBA is a computer language that is mostly used to make Excel macros that automatically do jobs that are done over and over again.