How to delete an Amazon account? – Amazon is one of those firms that makes it exasperatingly tough to delete your account. Don’t feel guilty if you can’t find out how to permanently erase your Amazon account — only a few individuals know how!
Table of Contents
What is the point of deleting Amazon?
Maybe you’ve had enough of Amazon’s business tactics and its HR regulations. Perhaps you’ve just stopped using Amazon and wish to delete your personal financial information from the web. It’s a good idea to close your Amazon account for whatever reason.
But be warned: you’ll need to build up your patience first!
How to Delete Amazon Account?
- Go to Amazon Account Closure.
- Log in to the account you’d like to delete.
- Choose the reason for cancelling your account from a drop-down menu at the bottom of the page.
- Select the checkbox next to Yes, I want to remove my data and permanently end my Amazon account, therefore select Close my Account.
- To confirm your activity, Amazon will send you an email or text message with a link.
- To confirm your account closure, click the Confirm Account Closure link you received.
When you delete your Amazon account, what happens next?
There are a number of services linked to your Amazon account that will cease to function after it is deleted. You’ll lose a lot of digital information as well. Before you can permanently cancel your account, Amazon will send you an email with a thorough explanation of what will happen.
However, it’s a good idea to see if there are any other preparations you need to make first. Consider your account history and what you’d lose if you deleted it. By cancelling your account, you will be able to:
- All of your Amazon accounts, including Audible.com and accounts on different country domains, will be deactivated (like amazon.co.uk and amazon.de).
- You’ll lose access to digital material such as Kindle eBooks, digital music, Amazon apps, and Prime videos that are tied to your account.
- Your Amazon gift cards and other vouchers will not be accepted.
- You won’t be able to return or refund any things that were purchased with that account.
- Now, you won’t be able to start Textbook Rental returns, but you’ll be responsible for any unpaid rentals.
- You will lose access to your Games & Software Library’s content.
- Your testimonials, postings, and other social media content will be deleted.
It’s worth noting that, except from cancelling your Amazon account, there’s presently no method to wipe your Amazon order history. You can only archive it so that you don’t have to look at the items any more.
Is it possible to reinstate an Amazon account that has been closed?
There is no way to reopen your account once it has been closed. You won’t be able to view your personal information, such as purchase history and invoices, because you won’t be able to access it. When the account is permanently deleted, you’ll get a confirmation email.
You’ll have to establish a new account if you change your mind later and desire to use Amazon services.
It’s understandable why someone would want to cancel their Amazon account for security reasons, especially given Amazon’s track record when it comes to protecting their users’ data. That’s why it’s crucial to be proactive rather than reactive when it comes to your online privacy.
Snoopers will not be able to disrupt your online session if you use NordVPN. Any hackers attempting to brute force their way into your systems will be frustrated by the next-generation encryption provided. This privacy tool will also mask your IP address, redirecting your traffic through the IP address of whichever VPN server you choose.
Q1: How do I remove my Amazon account permanently?
Log in to the account you’d like to delete. Examine the items and services available through your account. If you still want to go, choose a reason from the drop-down menu and check the box next to it. Yes, I want to remove my data and permanently end my Amazon account, therefore select Close my Account.
Q2: What is the time frame for deleting an Amazon account?
The end outcome will still be an email with an estimate of when your account will be deleted. Although some lucky people have had their accounts terminated practically instantly, the duration is normally between 12 and 48 hours.
Q3: Why should you get rid of your Amazon account?
What is the point of deleting Amazon? Maybe you’ve had enough of Amazon’s business tactics and its HR regulations. Perhaps you’ve just stopped using Amazon and wish to delete your personal financial information from the web. It’s a good idea to close your Amazon account for whatever reason.
Q4: Is it possible to remove my Amazon account and create a new one using the same email address?
Almost all of your Amazon data and history will be erased once the account is cancelled. Furthermore, you will no longer be able to access your account, and it will not be restored. You can, however, establish a new account at any time using the same email address.