In this detailed article, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about the Valorant error code VAN 81, explain what causes it, and show you how to fix it. Let’s just jump in!
Table of Contents
What is Error Code VAN 81?
When you get the error number VAN 81, it generally means that your game client and the Valorant servers can’t talk to each other. This can make it so that players can’t connect to the game or get cut off while they’re playing. You need to fix this mistake quickly if you want to go back to your Valorant trips without any problems.
How to Fix Valorant Error Code VAN 81?
Now that we know what causes the Valorant error code VAN 81, let’s look at how to fix it. Follow these steps to find out what’s wrong and how to fix it:
Solution 1: Check Network Connectivity
First, make sure your network connection is stable and secure. If your network is giving you trouble, you might want to try the following:
- Turn on your router and computer to fix the link.
- If you want to rule out any problems that could be caused by Wi-Fi, connect your computer straight to the modem with an Ethernet cable.
- Talk to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to find out if the network in your area is having any known problems.
Solution 2: Disable Firewall and Antivirus Temporarily
If you have a router or security software running on your computer, try turning them off for a short time to see if they are blocking Valorant’s link. Please be careful when turning off security features and remember to turn them back on once the mistake has been fixed.
Solution 3: Verify Riot Games Server Status
Make sure the trouble isn’t with Riot Games before going any further. Check their website or social media to see if their computers are down for maintenance or if the game’s link is known to be broken. If the same problem keeps coming up, you should wait until Riot Games fixes it.
Solution 4: Flush DNS and Renew IP
Connection problems can sometimes be fixed by changing your network settings, clearing your DNS, or getting a new IP address. Follow these steps to do what needs to be done:
- To open the Command Prompt, look for “cmd” in your computer’s Start menu.
- In the code Prompt box, type the following code and press Enter: The command ipconfig /flushdns is used to do this.
- When the process is done, type the code below and hit Enter: The code you need to use is ipconfig /renew.
- Start up your computer again and open Valorant to see if the VAN 81 error has been fixed.
Solution 5: Reinstall Valorant
If none of the above works, you will have to restart Valorant. This can help fix any broken game files that might be causing the problem. Do the following to start the game over:
- Go to uninstall Valorant from your computer.
- Control Panel or a third-party tool.
- On the main page for Valorant, you can find the most up-to-date version of the game player.
- Follow the steps on the screen to get the game back on your computer.
- Start Valorant and see if the VAN 81 error code still appears.
Solution 6: Make Sure That Vanguard is Set to Startup Automatically
Make sure Vanguard always starts up. People who have tried it and seen that it works agree. In order to:
- Open Start and type “run”. Open “run”.
- Just type in “services.msc”
- Seek out VGC Service.
- By right-clicking on them, you can choose which ones to use.
- Choose Auto on the tab for starting up.
- Click on “Apply,” then “OK.”
- After you restart your computer, try to start the game again.
Valorant error code VAN 81 can be annoying, but the tips in this article will help you fix it so you can keep playing games. Remember to fix any problems with your network connection, check to see if your firewall or security software is causing problems, and stay up-to-date on any server problems Riot Games might be having.
If you are new to Valorant then our detailed guide for beginners to play Valorant will be of great help to you. If you do these things, you can fix your mistake and get back to the fun world of Valorant. To read more content like this, visit https://www.trendblog.net.
Q1: What is Valorant error code VAN 81?
A1: Valorant error code VAN 81 is a link error when your gameplay and the Valorant services can’t talk to each other. It can make connecting to the game hard or get you kicked out of the game quickly.
Q2: How can I fix Valorant error code VAN 81?
A2: To fix error code VAN 81, you can try the following:
- Make sure that your link to the network works and stays stable.
- Turn off any filters or security tools that might be keeping you from connecting to the game.
- Find out how the servers are doing by going to the official Riot Games website or using social media.
- To change network settings, you need to clear DNS and get a new IP address.
- If nothing else works, you might need to restart Valorant to fix any broken game files.
Q3: Can network connectivity issues cause error code VAN 81?
A3: Yes, network access problems, like unstable or poor internet connections, can cause VAN 81. Make sure your network link is stable and think of ways to fix it, such as restarting your router and modem or using an Ethernet cable to connect your computer directly to the network.
Q4: Why should I temporarily turn off my firewall or other security software?
A4: Sometimes firewalls or security software are set up in a way that makes it hard to connect to the Valorant computers. This gives the error number VAN 81. You can turn them off for a short time to see if they are causing problems, and then turn them back on when the problem is fixed.
Q5: Is Valorant error code VAN 81 always caused by a problem on the player’s end?
A5: No, something wrong with the service can also cause error code VAN 81. Checking the official Riot Games sites for details about server maintenance or known problems is vital to rule out problems on Riot Games’ end.
Q6: Should I restart Valorant to fix the VAN 81 error?
A6: Reinstalling Valorant is a good next step if the other steps didn’t fix the error code VAN 81. It can fix any broken game files that could be causing the problem. Make sure to uninstall the game properly and get the latest version from the official Valorant website.