People who share accounts are getting in more trouble with Netflix. People are dropping their Netflix plans because the price will go up in 2022. This doesn’t help. We don’t have many ways to talk about binge-watching with our far-away family and friends.
One of the best and most reliable ways to do this is by using a social app like Discord. Using the screen share feature, you can stream your Netflix account through Discord. So now you don’t have to go out of your way to buy the best streaming box on the market so you can watch your favorite shows on your PC and phone.
Our guide shows you how to share your Netflix screen using the desktop or mobile version of Discord and the mobile app. It also shows you how to change some settings to make sharing your screen better.
Table of Contents
How To Stream Netflix On Discord
How to Stream Netflix on Discord From a PC?
If you stream Netflix through Discord, you can talk to your friends while you all watch something, even if you are in different places. Here’s what you need to do to use Discord while streaming Netflix on a Mac or Windows computer:
- Go to the Netflix website by opening your web browser.
- Open Discord and make sure it’s also connected to a server.
- Click on Settings at the bottom of the page and choose the Activity Status you want to use.
- Click “Add it” and pick the bill in your browser where a streaming service is running.
- After you choose Netflix, click on Add Game.
- Click the screen icon in the bottom left corner when you’re done with Settings.
- Choose the tab you want to stream in the pop-up for Screen Share.
- Change how streaming is set up.
- When you click “Go Live,” Netflix will start to play.
- Now, go back to Netflix and play the movie or TV show you want to share.
What makes streaming on Discord so interesting is that you can stream a movie or TV show, leave your camera on, and let your friends see how you react to what’s happening on the screen.
How to Screen Share Netflix on the Discord Mobile App?
Through the Netflix app, you can now share the screen of your phone. You need to get the Netflix app and the Discord app before you can move on. The process is pretty much the same if you have an iPhone, but you’ll need to make sure you have the latest versions of iOS, Discord, and Netflix.
- Start up the Netflix app.
- If you haven’t already, download and install the app.
- Find the Netflix show or movie you want to watch and open it in the app.
- Keep the app open and go back to your home page to open the Discord app.
- Pick a server for Discord and a voice channel.
- Tap the camera icon while you are in a voice chat. You can turn off your camera by tapping the icon again.
- Tap on the arrow next to the camera icon.
- Before you can move on, you may need to accept the permissions to record or cast with Discord.
- If your camera is on, it will automatically be shown.
- To stream Netflix, open the Netflix app on your device and tap the play button on the stream you want to watch.
- Close the Netflix app when you’re done streaming and tap “Stop sharing” in the Discord app.
- When you play a stream in the Netflix app while hosting a screen share on Discord, the stream starts automatically.
You can’t use the Discord app to stream Netflix on your Android phone, but you can always use it to make voice and video calls. After installing Discord on your phone, you’ll need to log in or make a new account if you want to talk to your friends. Set up a public or private server, and then invite your friends to join. Private servers are great for teams or groups of friends, and most people like them. But public groups are also a good place to meet new people and learn how to play games in new ways.
How to Stream Netflix on Discord Without Black Screen?
If you use Discord, you’ve probably tried to stream your games or other content and seen a black screen. Most of the time, your graphics drivers are to blame. If you have these problems often, here are some things you can try to fix them:
- You need to update your Discord app.
- You can turn on or off your hardware acceleration.
- Turn off any shows you don’t want to watch while streaming.
- Empty the cache folder for Discord.
If none of these work, you might have to reinstall Discord. If you install the latest version of Discord, your problem might go away. Remember that old computers can also cause problems, so if Discord isn’t working right, you might want to think about getting a newer one.
How to Organize a Discord Watch Party?
You can set a date and time for your Netflix watch party whenever you want with the Create Event feature on Discord. Just click on the Discord server, which is where your watch party will take place. Then do the following:
- Click on the arrow icon in the upper left corner to get to the drop-down menu.
- Select Create Event.
- Click Next after choosing where your live stream is coming from.
- Name your event, pick a date and time, add a description, and click “Next.”
- Click Create Event when you are done reading.
- Now, you’ll find the event in the same menu as your channels. Click Event to see it.
- Click the “people” icon to invite someone.
Most of the people who use Discord, one of the best VoIP apps, to talk to other people are gamers. But many people in small communities who want to share something use Discord to watch movies and TV shows.
Using the few options Netflix gives you, you can improve the streaming quality for your Netflix watch-party sessions. For the first option, the voice channels need to be set up on a Discord server. Once these channels are set up, you can go to the voice channel settings and choose the region override.
The default setting for Discord is automatic, but depending on where everyone lives, you may need to choose a server to centralize the location. The U.S. has a choice of four things to do. Until you change them, the settings will stay the same. This is also a choice for voice calls on Discord.
The second option only works if the person hosting pays for Discord Nitro, which is a premium service. You can change the video quality in Discord Nitro even for streams with a higher resolution than 720p and a higher frame rate than the default 30 FPS. Stream above the lowest or default settings, like 1080p with 60 FPS, if you can, as long as your internet connection can handle it.