How Can You Disable Automatic Startup Of Spotify In Windows
Spotify is one of the largest streaming software that provides audio streaming and media services. In the application Spotify, users can browse or search music according to various factors such as genre, artist, album, playlist, and record label. Apart from this, Users can create, edit and share playlists, share tracks on social media platforms, and also make playlists with other users. Spotify provides access to over 70 million songs, 2.2 million podcasts, and 4 billion playlists.
When you install the Spotify application on your windows operating system, then it establishes itself as a startup app by default, and that is a common problem users may experience after installation. Hence, whenever you turn on your computer, this software opens automatically which may bother you, and you could find it annoying. On the contrary, if you use this application frequently then it is an interesting feature for you.
You can disable the automatic startup feature of Spotify in Windows using different methods such as using Window Behavior, Task Manager, Settings of computer. The steps of all these methods are described below:
Method 1: Steps To Disable The Automatic Startup Of Spotify By Using Window Behavior
You can customize the settings of Spotify’s startup behavior by modifying the “Startup and window behavior” setting in the application’s settings menu. This allows you to prevent the automatic opening of Spotify on boot.
Steps you need to follow:
- To open the search menu, press the Windows key + S
- Select the first result after Typing Spotify in the search box
- In the Spotify app, click the three-dot menu icon which is shown in the top left corner
- Then select Edit > Preferences
- Scroll down to the Startup and window behavior option
- Click the drop-down menu which is next to Open Spotify automatically and select No
Method 2: Use Task Manager To Disable Automatic Startup
The built-in Task Manager on Windows allows you to control the apps to run during startup. Using it, you can stop Spotify from running on startup, steps are as follows:
- To open Task Manager you can Use the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keyboard shortcut. Also, you can Press Window + X on your desktop and then select Task Manager.
- Switch to the Tab Startup apps in the left pane.
- After selecting the application Spotify from the list, click the Disable button located at the top
- Spotify’s status should be changed from enable to Disable. It will no longer open automatically during startup on your computer.
Method 3: Disable Automatic Startup Via Settings
The easiest way to turn off the automatic startup feature of Spotify on Windows is by using the settings option. The steps of disable the setting are given below:
- Open the Start menu and click the gear icon to launch the Settings app
- Navigate to the Apps tab
- In the right pane, select Startup
- Scroll down to locate Spotify on the list and disable the toggle which is shown next to it
Frequently Asked Questions:
How can I use Spotify on my computer without installing its application?
You can use the Spotify web player that works more or less similar to the desktop app. If you don’t want to install the Spotify app on your computer, then you can simply log on to open.spotify.com in your browser to enjoy music.
Can I listen to Offline music using the Spotify desktop app?
Yes, the desktop client allows you to download Spotify music for listening in Offline Mode. However, offline mode is not possible with the web version.
What are the benefits of premium membership of Spotify?
With the premium version, users can enjoy extra features like offline listening and better audio as well as ad-free music. In the free edition, users can not skip ads and are not able to save their favorite songs.