If you’ve chosen to delete your TikTok account for whatever reason, the good news is that it’s quite simple and shouldn’t take more than a few minutes (assuming you’re already logged in or remember your password). The following steps can be completed in the app or on the web:
Table of Contents
REMOVING YOUR TIKTOK VIA THE APP
TikTok’s iOS and Android apps make it relatively simple to delete your account.
- To access the “Settings and privacy” screen, go to your profile and tap the three lines in the top right corner.
- Go to Manage account > Delete account once you’ve arrived.
- The app will ask you why you’re leaving TikTok, and you can choose an option or bypass the question by tapping the upper right corner’s button.
- After that, it’ll ask you whether you want to download your data before deleting your account, and you’ll have to confirm that you want to delete your account by tapping the acknowledgement at the bottom. (Backing up your TikTok data is covered in the section below.)
- If you change your mind, you’ll get a message stating that you have 30 days to reactivate your account and explaining all of the items you’ll lose access to after deleting your account (including access to the films you’ve posted).
- When you tap “Continue,” you’ll be sent to an account verification screen. If you have a normal account, TikTok will send you a code to enter, or you will be asked to check in with the service you used to create your account (such as Apple, Google, etc.).
- After you’ve verified your information, tap the “Delete account” button one last time to mark your account for deletion. You’ll be taken back to the login screen after the app has refreshed.
REMOVING YOUR TIKTOK VIA THE INTERNET
- You can also deactivate your TikTok account by visiting TikTok.com.
- Hover over your profile image in the upper right corner after logging in, then click Settings.
- Select “Manage account” from the left sidebar if you aren’t already there.
- Then, under Account control, click the “Delete” option and follow the prompts.
- MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DATA
- To get a backup of your data, go to:
- Go to your profile > Settings and privacy > Privacy > on the TikTok mobile app. Take a look at your data.
- Your file will appear on the “Download your data” screen on the Download data tab once it has been produced. You should wait a few days before cancelling your account, as TikTok warns that it may take a few days for your data to be available for download.
- The file you receive may contain information such as your profile information, video and comment history, and settings information, but not your videos. You’ll have to manually download those if you want to keep them.
- To save one of your TikToks to your phone, follow these steps:
- Select the video you want from your profile. Select “Save video” from the “…” menu.
- You’ll be able to stop the procedure if you log in within 30 days of cancelling your account.
RESTORING A PERMANENTLY DELETED ACCOUNT
When you delete your account, TikTok warns you you can reverse the procedure by logging back in within 30 days. If you do, you’ll receive a notification stating that your account is being deactivated. You can log back in and cancel the deletion process by hitting the “Reactivate” button, but the deletion process will continue if you tap the “Log out” button.
Q1: How do I deactivate my TikTok account for good?
- To remove your account, follow these steps:
- In the bottom right corner, tap Profile.
- In the top right corner, tap the three-line icon.
- Select Privacy from the drop-down menu.
- To delete an account, go to Manage Account > Delete Account.
- To delete your account, follow the app’s instructions.
Q2: If I don’t have a phone number, how can I remove my TikTok account?
You must have access to a TikTok account in order to delete it. You can log in and restore your password if you remember your registered phone number. If you don’t have the phone number, though, you won’t be able to delete the account.
Q3: Is it true that TikTok deletes accounts?
TikTok only deactivates your account for 30 days before completely removing it. While you’re within that time frame, you can reactivate your account and keep everything intact. However, your account and everything related with it will be deleted after 30 days.
Q4: If I don’t have a password or an email address, how do I remove an old TikTok account?
You must contact the company by email at email@example.com if you want to delete your account without a password. What is the procedure for deleting my old TikTok account? Your former TikTok account cannot be deleted in any way. You can, however, make a new account and utilise it instead.