If you’re devoted “Minecrafter,” you know that the game is unique precisely because it has so many different mods. These mods can go from practical, such as creating new items, to fun ones that are giving you an entirely new game mode. In order to access these mods, you will have to have one add-on installed – Minecraft Forge. It’s not a big deal since everything related to Minecraft is highly simplified.
Having a Minecraft Forge add-on will enable you to customize the “Minecraft: Java Edition” mod.
Let’s go through this short guide and see how to install Minecraft Forge and download mods.
Table of Contents
How to install Minecraft Forge
As you know, for any downloading, you need to visit Minecraft’s official page. Follow the steps below to install the Minecraft Forge add-on quickly. https://www.minecraft.net/en-us
- Go to Minecraft Forge download page https://files.minecraftforge.net/net/minecraftforge/forge/
- You will see the “Latest” and “Recommended” versions. As exciting as it can be to have the latest one, I would advise you to go with “Recommended” simply because it has less bugs
- You will see an ad that you can easily skip by pressing the “Skip” button in the top right corner
- Open the installer and allow necessary permissions
- Select “Install Client” > “Ok”
- You will see the process of downloading data. Once it’s done, you will see the pop-up informing you that download was successful. Press “OK”
That would be it. You have the Minecraft Forge add-on downloaded, and you can proceed to install mods.
How to download mods for Minecraft
Now, let’s go through a couple of steps on how to use Minecraft Forge to download mods. Again, it’s a straightforward process. Just follow the steps below.
- Open the Minecraft Launcher
- Open the Menu next to the “Play” button, where you can choose the Minecraft version
- Click on “Forge”
- Press “Play”
- You’ll be asked to accept the modified version and warn it might not support the latest safety features. It’s a standard pop-up; just click “Approve” or “OK”
- After the game loaded, look for the “Mods” option
- Choose the mod to download from https://www.minecraftmods.com/
- After downloading, open “Open Mods Folder”
- Then place there the mod you just downloaded (.jap or .zip) file
- Close Minecraft and open it again and you should be able to see the installed mod
That’s it. It wasn’t so hard, right? Now, there are many different mods to choose from. I will show you just a couple. And if you need any further assistance, you can always check Minecraft’s website here. https://www.minecraftmods.com/how-to-install-mods-for-minecraft-forge/
Choosing the right mod
Now, depending on your preferences, there are many different mods. I will list just a couple of them, so you get a better understanding of what mods are for actually.
|Variety of trapdoors to choose from outside vanilla options
|Adds aesthetics and new environmental interactions
|Connecting plates, giving wide choice of textures
|Gives realistic feeling of animal behavior
|Gives underwater dimension to game
|Gives new items to add to buildings, etc
|Oh,The Biomes You’ll Go
|Adds over 80 new biomes
Alright. You can see approximately how mods change your game and what you can get by downloading and installing one. And as you’ve seen from the guide above, it’s not even hard. To get a full-time experience of playing Minecraft, download one of the mods and enjoy. Or give yourself a threat and download all of them!
Suppose you have any suggestions for me which mod is the best and why I would love to hear from you. Please leave the comment in the section below.